Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Character Chat: Dan Phelps (Questions)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JasonDandR

JasonDandR

DM

• Administrators
  • 569 posts
  • United States

We'll be sitting down with Dan soon. Give us your questions for him! 

• LizaWejems likes this

That guy who writes for that show.

Super Citrus

Super Citrus

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
How did you come up with Duncan and Roswell's back story?

lemon.jpg

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Judochop

Judochop

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

How difficult is it to play a character who has a much lower intelligence than yourself as a person?

TeveenBrightheart

TeveenBrightheart

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

was it strange playing pretty different characters? did you feel crazy in the one (i think it was only one episode) where Duncan confronted Rodswell and you had to talk to yourself?

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

I love Duncan! It's always a treat to have Dan in G1!

Did you always have Duncan's backstory waiting to be shown?

How badly did you want to get to Duncan's story?

When Duncan died, how disappointed were you that you never got to the backstory?

What led to the decision to make Duncan so naive?

Are there any more things like "the talk" that you'd love to put Duncan through?

When's the next Bottomless Joy concert?

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

was it strange playing pretty different characters? did you feel crazy in the one (i think it was only one episode) where Duncan confronted Rodswell and you had to talk to yourself?

That was actually one of my questions as  well. That was one of the best RP moments on the show when Duncan confronted Rodswell for being a coward. How much prep went into that whole scene and is that how to imagined Rodswell to go out?

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Will Duncan be looking for that special someone in every town they go to now?! Did Dan listen to Danielle's episodes?!

Wooderon

Wooderon

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • (Less than) Merry ol’ England

As much as I love Dan playing Duncan, I actually think Rodswell was the more interesting character and kind of what to hear more about Dan descent into madness with playing him. I’ll just list a few talking points as I think of them.

• Did Rodswell simply become an unfun character to play towards the end of his run before Duncan came back?
  • Would Duncan ever return to full time Dwarf life if given the opportunity or is he happy being the wandering bard?
  • If the worst should ever happen to Duncan, do you think you have another character in you?
  • I remember there being a debate between Dan and Jason (one of many in that era of the show) about a power of Rodswell’s doing damage to some children, want to go into that some more?
  • I’m guessing you’ll go into this, but was getting rid of Rodswell on the cards before the rod of wonder gave us the good fortune of Duncan’s return and did Rodswell have any regret for leaving the group behind and then betraying them?
  • How much preparation on your part did the final confrontation between Duncan and Rodswell have and did it go how you wanted it to?

My all purpose Nerd Blog: Wooderon.com - Latest Post: Pokemon Sun and Moon: Hopes and expectations 

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Polished this off today! I could listen to Dan and Jason just chitchat about whatever. I thought the conversation was very insightful and interesting, the interactions behind the scenes were great new bits of info, and I really like how you walked through the thinking behind both characters. And though it's been said over and over, Dan's performance in 100 was A+

All that said, I wonder what you think now? G1 has been shuffled around again, and 200 is come and gone. I'd like to hear another chat after all of this to get Dan's perspective on everything that's been happening.

Also, how are you doing? I know your health isn't the best, and I hope you can be healthy enough to maybe rejoin the show to mitigate the boredom you felt last time you took a break :)

• ronjon10 likes this

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users