Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 162: Mirror

Feels

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Larkshade

Larkshade

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

UGH! RIGHT IN THE FEELS!

That was an episode that very quickly went from fun and yay they are safe to a gut punch. It was fantastic. I actually found myself tearing up when the revelation of what had happened to Bri hit the group, Calluna staring off into space, Marrek needing to talk to her. Thanks for making me cry at work.

Overall, however, the episode was fantastic. It felt very well role played / acted by everyone involved, even Thantos’ annoying teenage antics. Well done everyone, well done.

Side note for me, I’m in the middle of a poetry contest and all of the emotions swirling around the end of the episode gave me an inspiration tic for my entry. So thanks! :D

• kumokurin, AlexissPt, RodgerEves and 1 other like this

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 318 posts

UGH! RIGHT IN THE FEELS!

That defines i think most everyone's experience with this episode.

One heck of a roleplay episode. Jasper and Jason really did an amazing job with their interaction. I always enjoy these rp heavy episodes.

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

One heck of a roleplay episode. Jasper and Jason really did an amazing job with their interaction. I always enjoy these rp heavy episodes.

That was pretty much the one comment I wanted to make. The last 10 minutes with Marrek and Brie...jeez. 

That comment doesn't discount anything else that happened.

For the most part I enjoy Thantos' antics and Calluna's frustration abuse on the gnolls was well placed.

Orden didn't have a "big thing" but his conversation with Marrek in the beginning about everyone learning to work together was an important piece that needed to be said. it is a whole new G3 and there are some kinks to work out. 

I so didn't see the Brie thing coming, but as soon as Jason described the person in the cell i knew what it was and it totally made sense, as did Tessia's distracted interactions.

I had another comment or 2 but left my notes in the car...oops :P maybe later.  

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

;-; this was so beautiful.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

JasonDandR

JasonDandR

DM

• Administrators
  • 569 posts
  • United States

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Really glad that you enjoyed it.

• kumokurin likes this

That guy who writes for that show.

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 318 posts

That was pretty much the one comment I wanted to make. The last 10 minutes with Marrek and Brie...jeez. 

That comment doesn't discount anything else that happened.

For the most part I enjoy Thantos' antics and Calluna's frustration abuse on the gnolls was well placed.

Orden didn't have a "big thing" but his conversation with Marrek in the beginning about everyone learning to work together was an important piece that needed to be said. it is a whole new G3 and there are some kinks to work out. 

Oh, no. I did not mean to imply that the last few minutes was the only great roleplaying. I'm really enjoying the bond forming between Calluna and Thanatos. The interaction between Marrek and David will always amuse me. And while Orden didn't have a huge role in this past episode, I love the little bits and pieces of his past that keep getting dropped in. Definitely great to see the slow discovery of the character.

And while I did think of the examples for David being a badass, I also thought that he could be one Hell of a Butler

Kuroshitsuji_Volume_1_cover.jpg

though to be honest, I know very little of kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

• kumokurin likes this

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

And while I did think of the examples for David being a badass, I also thought that he could be one Hell of a Butler

Kuroshitsuji_Volume_1_cover.jpg

though to be honest, I know very little of kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

This is exactly what came to mind for me.

C.J.

C.J.

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Bri (player) has a great handle on playing a teenager- wandering around, snooping, doing whatever you can when the adults aren't looking. If not for her antics, would the group have learned of Brie (character) being so close to them? 

And what about Khoury?

There have been moments across D&R history where the one on one conversations have really been a highlight. Daegon & Khoury after the slaughter of G2, Una & Brie having their first kiss, now Merrick & Brie discussing her situation. Some great role-playing going on in this show.

• JasonDandR likes this

Benedict

Benedict

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
this was the first episode I've had to wait for, but is having caught up in all but DRP episodes, I can finally read all posts with worrying about spoilers

Group 3 episodes are always tricky for me - I much prefer episodes where there's a better balance of action, humour and RP, and Gp 3 tends towards the latter too much for me. I recognise this isn't the same for everyone and that the RP is always good, so go easy on me for being honest!

This one was no exception - the first half seemed to be a little aimless, but the change in pace and focus in the last hour was significant. Well done to Bri for making things happen - as for whether we would have found out about Brie if she hadn't... I think yes but the bearded one would have had to engineer it. Adventure guys! That's what it's all about. Take the risks others wouldn't. Bri nailed it. Marrek is so sensible, sincere and likeable and I love listening to Macs voice (even if the 'they' thing is grating). let's not forget why we're here :)

JadziaGrace

JadziaGrace

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Administrators
  • 540 posts

Jason actually told me he was worried we wouldn't find Brie. If Thantos hadn't gone down there, and no one else had had a reason to go down there (which no one did), she would have stayed. That was the perception roll that we all failed with Tessia. There are no rails in Theria, if we missed her that would be it until another group found her or she died- or something in the story line drew her out. There's always stuff happening beneath the surface that groups might never see. Yes, it probably would have come up eventually naturally, but Jason wouldn't have engineered it for us to find her before we left.

• kumokurin and varla30 like this

tumblr_mll5i8iAaq1rrftcdo1_500.gif

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always the kettenhund.

sirrously

sirrously

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

This episode is why I joined the forms. 

I cried so hard! If it wasn't for Thantos we would never have known what happened to Brie! 

The whole party killed it in this episode! It was just so beautiful! 

With the weight of everything on their shoulders ( literally the weight of the world!), they still take the time to save and be there for one person. 

Bri I gotta say I really love how you play Thantos! I like that there is a bratty little tween in the group!

• JasonDandR and kumokurin like this

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Welcome to the forum! We share your pain.

• sirrously likes this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

This episode is why I joined the forms. 

Hey, great job G3 brining in another listener to the forums! Welcome sirrously! I'll look forward to more insightful posts.

Group 2 might have uncovered Brie, or at a minimum when the witch's magic kicks in and Brie is either compelled to go to her or the witch tracks her down she would have been found for sure. I'm thinking that has to kick in with in the next couple of G3 sessions. It might have been interesting for G3 to run into the witch and Brie together somewhere along the way, perhaps with Brie completed under the control of the witch.

sirrously

sirrously

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Welcome to the forum! We share your pain.

Thanks! Figured it was about time!
  • kumokurin likes this

sirrously

sirrously

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hey, great job G3 brining in another listener to the forums! Welcome sirrously! I'll look forward to more insightful posts.

Group 2 might have uncovered Brie, or at a minimum when the witch's magic kicks in and Brie is either compelled to go to her or the witch tracks her down she would have been found for sure. I'm thinking that has to kick in with in the next couple of G3 sessions. It might have been interesting for G3 to run into the witch and Brie together somewhere along the way, perhaps with Brie completed under the control of the witch.

I can't wait for more! I'll probably be a little quiet until I fully catch up but I'm at 165 at this point and listen to at least 4 a day! I'll get there!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

I can't wait for more! I'll probably be a little quiet until I fully catch up but I'm at 165 at this point and listen to at least 4 a day! I'll get there!

Yikes! I'll try to be careful about any potential spoilers then. Enjoy catching up!

Irishkatana

Irishkatana

Durnhollow Stable Cleaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was late to work! Marrek! How dare you make me feel feelings!

It was so good though.
  • kumokurin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users