Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 179 - "Jamboree"

Group 4

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

It's "Peepos Quinton". :)

That's probably how I was going to spell it anyway :P At first I thought Pepos but that seemed kind of Mexican, not Therian. 

Also I didn't actually get caught up with G4 until after the werewolf arc so I was wondering how everyone felt about G4 starting out? Personally the whole werewolf thing just felt drawn out and miserable. It's why I really enjoy the lighter tone.

I think the thing that made the Lochfort saga seem longer than it was, was that it went on for 7-8 episodes, but in reality, those episodes didn't cover a lot of in-game time and there was a lot of time spent planning the next moves. 

Add in the death toll and some bickering and yeah, I get that it seemed to go on a bit long. 

I actually found that listening to all of those episodes in a row made it not seem as long but interspersed between episode 124 and 147, it seemed longer. 

My opinion on G4 as a whole: They started slow, like every group, and had to find their pace and story. I admit it was hard at first to differentiate the voices but fast forward to the current episode and I think they are better for having endured the dark episodes and everyone (even Zach and Jane) seem to be comfortable with what they are doing as a group. 

• Orden_Kingshield, MichaelJ and LizaWejems like this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Also I didn't actually get caught up with G4 until after the werewolf arc so I was wondering how everyone felt about G4 starting out? Personally the whole werewolf thing just felt drawn out and miserable. It's why I really enjoy the lighter tone.

I thought the whole G4 adventure in and around Lockfort was great. It was very intense and there was no question that EVERYTHING for the group was at stake. Clearly the DM wasn't pulling any punches and the group members had to figure out what to do and deal with a lot of stress. It brought out a lot of core characteristics of the members. With the new members in the group, and with the foundation created by the remaining original members, I'm looking forward to some more challenging adventures to help us learn more about them. Maybe something a bit less stressful than Lochfort, but things would get dull without some danger and adventuring.

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

G4, like every group, started slow as the players got a feel for the setting, their characters, and each other. By the time they got to Aubrey many of the characters had really started to develop. The Lochfort chapter was pretty polarizing, as a lot of people loved it but a lot of people hated it. Personally I thought it was the single most tension-filled adventure in the show's history and appreciated for that, even though the survival-horror aspect usually isn't my thing.

The team dynamic in G4 is unlike any of the other groups. To me they feel much more like a family of people who trust one another, and I appreciate that.

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

The team dynamic in G4 is unlike any of the other groups. To me they feel much more like a family of people who trust one another, and I appreciate that.

I'm not too sure that everyone trusts Avalan all that much at this point, but I generally agree. Interestingly (at least to me I guess), Brie, and to a lesser extent Poe, seemed much more complete as characters in their interactions with Group 4 than elsewhere.

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Man, Avalan is the funniest character on the show hands down. Everything he says cracks me up. I'm sure people are giving me weird looks when I listen on the bus :P 

This was a great episode! I enjoyed the "getting back home" kind of vibe and I am totally stealing the "you got a shitty house" idea for my own campaigns. It's a great idea to give the players this other interesting, long-term goal. Plus all the upstairs rooms were hilarious. I'd love to see any party of adventurers debate over who gets what shitty room haha. 

The pancake jamboree is a great idea as well! Loved it when that came up. 

Nothing new for D&R, but I do continue to appreciate Jason's consequences. Too many stories (from movies, tv, games, etc) end right after the big final battle so it's refreshing to see the story continue on and that not everything is as happy as the happily-ever-after ending would have you believe. 

Another thing I appreciated about this episode was more of a generally cool thing about RPGs. It really spotlighted the ability of RPGs to allow us to examine, contextualize and work through big button issues (racism, political differences, etc) in a safe environment. They let us experiment with being different people and to see issues from many different sides. I thought this episode captured that well. 

Here's to the continuing house renovating adventures of G4 haha!

• Orden_Kingshield likes this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

Irishkatana

Irishkatana

Durnhollow Stable Cleaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you Avalon. I nearly died from laughing when Peepos mentioned Short stack, and you got dejected and asked about the pancakes. Great acting all around. I can't wait to find out what else is living in you new home.

• kumokurin likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Group 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users