Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 194-The Grimnas Family Reunion!

Group 1 Grimnas Tessia Vallus Malcus OMG Sarrif Jadzia Baby

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Generic Fighter

Generic Fighter

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

So, how was the Episode for you? I enjoyed it. In about 3 parts since I'm sick with a SuperCold. But it was fun.

GF

• Ralphpon, Thomasoweni, Leroybab and 10 others like this

WARNING! I have a sense of Humor and I'm NOT afraid to use it!

My Online Album of mostly Miniatures I've mangled...I mean Modified and Painted.

http://s124.photobuc...ighter/library/

My pathetic attempt at a Blog.

http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

Everything it was built up to be and hopefully we get a second reunion when Aralove gets back to the mainland, maybe Vallus' opinion will have changed a little by then and certainly, she has new stories to share!

Sending Craig to speak for Malchus is brilliant. He doesn't know him personally but he understands the needs of battle and has weight in Esterholt. I don't think Craig as a witness ever crossed my mind. 

I don't have a ton of individual points for this episode as G1 lately (for a good while really) has been running really well and the RP is always good. 

Something I just wanted to put out there...the next episode with Malchus in it will mark the first character to survive for 50 episodes. Considering he's the only one left from episode 1 and missed a big gap that's something to be proud of. The next closest is actually Jadzia and she needs 9 more but Daegon is more likely to get to it before her. He has 11 more to go. 

There is an achievement for 100 episodes, so keep on playing G1!

• kumokurin, lasersniper, Bad Neighbor and 2 others like this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oldmanmagee

Oldmanmagee

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes. The RP cooking scene, Amvin talking about his studies, meeting back up with Sheldon (<3) all with such a perfect dramatic end.

And finally,

"I am trying to do things by the books here. I'm not going to ask you to believe that... I'm going to prove it"

God Damn I love Malcus. He's so dramatic and it's just the greatest.

Top notch episode guys :)

• Aaron Good, kumokurin and TeveenBrightheart like this

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Yeah this was a lot of fun. Some thoughts and highlights for me:

• It was nice to hear a little more about what makes Amvin tick.

• Jason's doing a really good job of playing a lot of different NPCs with very different and nuanced thoughts and opinions on Malchus and his trial. That's not easy.

• Similarly, Malchus made his case expertly during the meeting. Maybe it's just my perspective but Malchus did such a good job with Vallus that it made him look very earnest and reasonable, and by contrast Vallus came off as very petty. I understand why Malchus would want to make amends with his brother (and I hope they do), but I don't really get why he would want him anywhere near the trial. "I'd like to call my older brother to the stand, who is an infamous mass murderer and carries a grudge against me due to unresolved abandonment issues, as a character witness." 

• Craig is therefore an excellent choice for a character witness. I wish they'd called him into the meeting, though, to make sure he was on board with the whole thing. I'd hate to see him get to Winterhaven and go "he did what?? That's literally the opposite approach to what a Paladin of Kord would have done. I can't condone that at all." Here's hoping everything pans out.

• Sariff was a lot of fun in this. I like his new role, whatever it really is, as a part of Jadzia's council. It'll be interesting what comes of what Aria overheard regarding the drow.

• The pregnancy announcement was adorable.

Can't wait to hear more.

• kumokurin and TeveenBrightheart like this

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

I loved everything about this episode. Top notch RP from everyone. Teveen and Aria bonding over hobbies, Malchus making an honest effort to mend his relationship with his brother, Tessia is always great, Theo is just adorable, and to my surprise, I found myself really liking Serif.

Like most drow we've met so far, their 'accent', so to speak, has been so sketchy. I know that's on purpose and it's very well done by Jason. But the way he so matter-of-factly stated that Malchus made the right decision has made me rethink him a bit. He's still a rogue assassin type, but I like him. That said, Craig will probably say almost exactly what Serif would, but minus the racism. Come to think of it... that should be brought up at some point. Serif and Craig in the same room discussing the trial, and upon realizing how much they agree on this specific topic, the racism would be pretty glaring. But also because racism, Craig is a better witness choice. Just a thought for a potentially great conversation.

• Jason's doing a really good job of playing a lot of different NPCs with very different and nuanced thoughts and opinions on Malchus and his trial. That's not easy.

As a fellow DM who has recently had to make different NPCs interact in front of the party. I couldn't agree more. Very challenging. 

• varla30 likes this

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Varex Sythe

Varex Sythe

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

This was a great episode for moving the plot along. Though combat is fun, this was spectacular for character development, and diving into the tumultuous relationship between the Grimnas brothers kept me on the edge of my proverbial seat. Looking forward to how the trial pans out, and I am viewing some elements of how I imagine group one will arrive or act in Winterhaven and imagining how it might come round to nip them in the bud.

Also looking forward to Craig again. 

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else here. A fantastic episode by all accounts with great moments from everyone involved. 

One thing stood out to me though in particular. At the end, when Jadzia announced to her new family that she's pregnant, for a moment, especially when Jason was describing Tessia's reaction, it honestly and earnestly felt like a friend of mine was telling me she was going to have a kid. I was so happy for Jadzia and Vallus and Tessia and Malchus and it was weird because it was a different kind of happiness than just "Oh I am glad this good thing happened in a story". It was "Ohmigosh I'm so happy for you my friends who are actually having a kid". Obviously, I, as a thinking person, know that D&R is make believe :P but we've been with these characters for many years and we've seen them struggle and succeed over and over again. It felt like something really and truly good was happening to people I... well, for lack of better words... to people I know; and that was really nice. Thanks for that everyone :)

• JasonDandR, kumokurin and varla30 like this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 318 posts

Just finished this today! It takes me a while to listen to episodes now, which is part of the reason I don't post often in the forums much.

Anywho, such a great episode! I love rp heavy episodes like this one. Character backstory and development is always one thing I struggle with, so hearing things like this always make me happy. Rob did a WONDERFUL job with Malchus and kudos to Jason for being 3 different characters all at once. Great storytelling!

Few other side notes:

• the cooking scene was so much fun!
  • hearing the process and motivation for Amvin was, as others have said, awesome. It definitely helped me get a better feel for him as a character and Michael as a player
  • I REALLY am interested to see what Aria does with the information about the Drow problem...
  • How awesome would it be for this scenario to play out: Craig is at the trial, delivering Jadzia's letter. All of a sudden, there is a flash of light as G3 releases the gods. Then BAM! Kord is now standing in the middle of Winterhaven, giving testimony on Malchus being pardoned! Forget mayors! He has a GOD on his side!!
  • While I am really excited about the pregnancy announcement, part of me is wondering...how? Are half-tieflings a thing? Or is it a all-or-nothing deal?

The fact that characters, who aren't on "screen" anymore, are still living their lives makes me happy. I love how Theria is still a living, moving world. I know it has been mentioned many times before, but it's the small details like that that make D&R a cut above the rest

• kumokurin and MichaelJ like this

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

At least temporarily freed from the presence of Damocles famous weapon, I'll just say this was another solid G1 episode. The whole "Grimnas Reunion" (sans Aralove of course) could have completely dominated the episode, but it was great to see all of the other G1 members involved in various activities, and something of a break out episode for Amvin providing some character motivation and background. I always enjoy Rob and Jason facing off in PC / NPC discussions, and there were variations in spades here. Great job by everyone involved.

Moving forward, Bad Neighbor's concerns about Craig seem more than justified to me. Not only might he think using the device to take out the Warforged was not brave, but Malchus leaving the field of battle is certain to be seen as cowardice by a Kord fanatic. I don't think that particular witness is going to work out well at all. I'm not so sure that Sariff would be much better as a witness though. Some simple currier delivering a sealed letter from Jadzia would likely be best. We'll see.

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Moving forward, Bad Neighbor's concerns about Craig seem more than justified to me. Not only might he think using the device to take out the Warforged was not brave, but Malchus leaving the field of battle is certain to be seen as cowardice by a Kord fanatic. I don't think that particular witness is going to work out well at all. I'm not so sure that Sariff would be much better as a witness though. Some simple currier delivering a sealed letter from Jadzia would likely be best. We'll see.

I hadn't thought of that. Without actually asking him his opinion, it could go either way. Craig isn't stupid, so may very well hold the position that while he wasn't comfortable with the ethics of it, it was a pragmatic decision and had to be done.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Jadzia: "It's good to meet my brother in law."

Malchus: "Oh? Congratulations! How is Aralove? I would have thought she would be here if I'm meeting her wife."

Vallus: *stabs Malchus*

• JadziaGrace, Steve the Wiki Guy, kumokurin and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Group 1, Grimnas, Tessia, Vallus, Malcus, OMG, Sarrif, Jadzia, Baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users