Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 196: "Eladrin" (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Curethedarkness

Curethedarkness

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Ohh is it Monday again? Yes it is, so it's time for our weekly fix of D&R Goodness (Thanks to D&R I think i've stopped hating Mondays for the end of the weekend and started looking forwards to them for the new episode).

So what did everyone think of this week's show? I was surprised at the twist with the fate of the Eladrin but loved the interaction with the Lore keeper who served as such an excellent contrast for what Eladrin are personality wise to show just how far Daegon has come over the years. There was some truly top grade roleplaying from James as well and I'm super satisfied with the outcome of how the group was able to appeal to Daegon's rational and decent side and all agree to free the gods instead of go kill the Witch. I think the likelihood of success in episode 200 has just increased greatly now that we know group 2 are going to be there at the seal as well as group 3, meaning we'll have 3 scions and many more players to fight off whatever threat they face at the seal.

• JasonDandR, kumokurin, Kiaragreft and 4 others like this

Kelsey

Kelsey

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Group One
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Excellent episode overall! I just wanted to say that the foley work was exceptionally good, in that I was completely freaked out by the buzzing wasp noises oh my god. EUGH. 

• varla30 and Curethedarkness like this

Curethedarkness

Curethedarkness

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Excellent episode overall! I just wanted to say that the foley work was exceptionally good, in that I was completely freaked out by the buzzing wasp noises oh my god. EUGH. 

Yeah, I've been wondering what the dead monster was that they found. I half expected it to be something like an elephant at first since none of the characters would know what one was and to them it would seem like some giant monster, until it was described as a reptile and maybe more dragon-like.

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

HOLY ALVARIN DAMNED SHIT.

This episode is really special and it's definitely my new favourite. G2 is totes my fav, they just have so much heart!

Bouncing with excitement for 200! 

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I was yelling at my phone NO NO NO ANYTHING BUT WASPS NO!! urgh urgh urgh - so very glad that the group managed to sneak past them - thank you g2!

Amazing episode good job you guys and especially James :) For some reason I had it in my head that Daegon was only like 15 when the Eladrin all disapeared but obviously not as it turns out he was married! And had a son! oh my! I am really excited and fearful for the confrontation with the witch. I loved scenes between Daegon and Khori in this episode too so lovely :)

• Aaron Good likes this

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Only 11 seconds into the episode but I'd like to make an episode 200 prediction:

Jason sets a world record by sustaining the "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S do that thing" for 6 hours.

• Kelsey, Aaron Good, kumokurin and 3 others like this

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Only 11 seconds episode but I'd like to make an episode 200 prediction:

Jason sets a world record by sustaining the "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S do that thing" for 6 hours.

I've been wanting to do a remix of that exact thing ever since he started really drawing it out haha

• kumokurin and varla30 like this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I think Episode 199 with just be an hour and a half of Jason going "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

I'd still listen.

This episode was unbelievable. More thoughts later, but the short version is I loved it.

• kumokurin likes this

JadziaGrace

JadziaGrace

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Administrators
  • 553 posts

I was yelling at my phone NO NO NO ANYTHING BUT WASPS NO!! urgh urgh urgh - so very glad that the group managed to sneak past them - thank you g2!

Amazing episode good job you guys and especially James :) For some reason I had it in my head that Daegon was only like 15 when the Eladrin all disapeared but obviously not as it turns out he was married! And had a son! oh my! I am really excited and fearful for the confrontation with the witch. I loved scenes between Daegon and Khori in this episode too so lovely :)

From my understanding, it was an arranged marriage. :) So he actually was quite young. A clip in the behind the scenes actually goes into it a little bit more, that'll be posted later this week! <3

• Kelsey, Aaron Good and varla30 like this

tumblr_mll5i8iAaq1rrftcdo1_500.gif

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always the kettenhund.

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • 454 posts

The first place my mind went after it seemed like the Eladrin were towards the rock formation and especially when there was the field full of mysterious holes

edit: I was less wrong than I thought!

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

From my understanding, it was an arranged marriage. :) So he actually was quite young. A clip in the behind the scenes actually goes into it a little bit more, that'll be posted later this week! <3

ooh can't wait for that! Thanks Bri <3

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • 454 posts

Holy crap this is easily makes it on to Mount Rushmore of G2 episodes. Super amazing job everybody, especially James!

Hey Steve, does this mean G2 gets the achievement for being the first group to step foot on Ki'an too?

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't have to deal with the local societies at all but since it suddenly seems like the world is significantly less likely to end at ep 200 I'm sure there'll be plenty to do when a city's worth of time-displaced racists show up in a massive war zone. Plus I don't know a ton about the Githzerai (I'm behind on LiTs) but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the kind of people to impound a magic boat and make you navigate a massive bureaucracy to get it back.

Maybe as a pre-season 2 project, would it be possible to get a Major World Events timeline? There's a ton we know about but the relation between everything is super fuzzy, which makes sense but even if there's not specific years attached I'd like to know an approximate amount of time between certain (previously mysterious) major events and what overlaps. When were the wars Drock fought in relation to the Elves naming all the continents or the Eladrin sealing the Gods or creating psions?

I was really not expecting the origin of psions to come out in this. But now I'm scared it's going to be another reveal like "psions are actually god power siphons and they're all going to die in agony if you want to free the gods, not just the one doing the ritual". So it looks like ep 200 is going to be another G2/G3 crossover (woo!). So 3 psions between the groups plus the demon's psion(s) (Kaltos?). And if something happens to all psions, G1 might have a post-trial quest for Aria. I'm still worried about Bri being possessed by Alverin and/or have her being in league with the demons "because destruction is the only justice" or something. Darmock seems way too confident. Maybe some alliance with one side of the Ta'lor war. We've got Kaltos, a Githzerai, killing Yenward for Stormrender which he gives to the Black Hand who has ties to demons, who attempts to deliver it to the Lionfolk. There's some relationship there that I can't puzzle out yet. Maybe some apocalyptic cult that crosses the DMZ. I guess we'll find out when we see who shows up at the seal.

• varla30 likes this

Midhir

Midhir

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

I wonder which god Gary is.... 

• Aaron Good, kumokurin, lasersniper and 2 others like this

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

whichever one is the underdog of course :P

Varex Sythe

Varex Sythe

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey guys, this episode was amazing. James was excellent with the story arc for his character, and the plot development was spectacular. The only gripe I might have is that I would have enjoyed further exploration of the new continent, bit I understand how it was not necessarily feasible with the alotted time before the main event.

Looking forward to the last few episodes up to, and including, 200. You guys are all freaking fantastically fabulous! 😁

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,178 posts

Hey Steve, does this mean G2 gets the achievement for being the first group to step foot on Ki'an too?

Yup! I had just added continent traveling achievements beyond just making it to a second one and so didn't see anyone getting it THAT fast. 
Congrats G2, everyone just got 

Passport stamps - Travel to 3 continents

So....holy fuck peoples! 

Daegon has been a solid character since his introduction and this episode gave a satisfying, semi-end to his main story. James has come a long way in his RP and handling of Daegon and he continues to be one of my favorites. 

I liked the mini tour of Ta'lor and my thought was "the Australia of Theria" and Susan's description of "full of fuck thats and nopes" was accurate :P

I kind of felt...not really bad for everyone else while James did his thing, but their silence was noticed and I don't mean that as a bad thing. Everyone respectfully let Daegon deal with this event, chiming in when necessary but I guess I was surprised it wasn't a little more. I did very much enjoy it when everyone passive aggressively told the old guy to fuck off as they were leaving though. Everything ending with the sincere round of applause for James made it all cool. 

I think I took more notes for this one episode than any other and for those people looking for an example to have people listen to as an intro episode, you can't go wrong with this one. Story by the ton, RP heavy, humor and exploring like an adventurer should are all there. 

Also, it would have been super anti-climactic if Daegon hadn't been able to open the gate lol. Good job to Braylon for pulling out Glimpse for that. 

Lastly, my normal BS. I'm gonna need spelling help :P

Tarendor?

Nemeira?

Daegon's son's name? Also quite the reveal!

• kumokurin likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,475 posts

This whole episode was amazing. Like others, the reveal that Daegon had a son is surprising. I pictured him as a child, like 10. The RP was top notch, and all this lore reveal was amazing. The hype train for 200 has no brakes.

Yeah, I've been wondering what the dead monster was that they found. I half expected it to be something like an elephant at first since none of the characters would know what one was and to them it would seem like some giant monster, until it was described as a reptile and maybe more dragon-like.

Deathclaw Alpha

But seriously, the more he described its features, the less I knew about it. The entire time I was hoping someone would try to ID it, but no such luck this time.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,178 posts

Deathclaw Alpha

But seriously, the more he described its features, the less I knew about it. The entire time I was hoping someone would try to ID it, but no such luck this time.

I had that thought too!

Tarrasque would be a bit big and might survive the lightning, plus that's one of those critters that is in the books just to scare the hell out of people, so maybe it was. 

• kumokurin likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Ok.

This is the kind of stuff that I eat up with a spoon. This episode was a huge payoff for Daegon's story, for which the groundwork was laid way back when he was introduced in (checks wiki) episode 28. It really highlighted how the backstories of characters like him have contributed to the richness of the worldbuilding of Theria. The whole episode was filled with great moments from everyone, and I could definitely hear Jason's excitement at finally being able to show this new continent to players and listeners alike.

This was exactly what I wanted from the final Season 1 episodes, leading up to number 200: old, long-running stories meet with new complications and the stakes get raised even more.

• kumokurin likes this

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,475 posts

Speaking of the end of Season 1, I'm not sure what will happen in the beginning of Season 2, but if they successfully release the gods and bring back the Eladrin, would Daegon retire. He has a wife and kid, so if there was ever a good time to do it, that would be it.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users