Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 196: "Eladrin" (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Anyone else get this feeling from seeing Talore for the first time? Cause I sure did!

• varla30, Kiaragreft, Shanecirl and 2 others like this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Speaking of the end of Season 1, I'm not sure what will happen in the beginning of Season 2, but if they successfully release the gods and bring back the Eladrin, would Daegon retire. He has a wife and kid, so if there was ever a good time to do it, that would be it.

I don't know. His wife was locked out of time for 80 years or whatever. Even if they got along well back then Daegon has aged and gone through a huge amount of personal growth. He's not the person she knew.

And I could be wrong about this but it sounded like Daegon's kid is from the post-Eladrin disappearance years, I'm assuming the mother would want to keep her child and probably wouldn't necessarily be super accepting if her kid's father who ghosted her however many years ago just showed up looking to be a part of his son's life when they've all at least tried to moved on.

Honestly it seems like a toss-up between Daegon and Bri as to who's sacrifice might make a better story.

Pro-Bri:

• The Witch made her for this
  • She's already falling apart so it may as well end it now for the betterment of the world
  • Has connections to all the Groups
  • Una loses Bri and Craig but gains Kord

Anti-Bri:

• The gods returning could fix her, could have an actual life without the Witch's meddling (although we've seen her without her powers before and that didn't go well)

Pro-Daegon:

• Maximum Jesus allegory

Anti-Daegon:

• Leader of G2
  • Would be crazy helpful in getting the Eladrin back on their feet, but that probably means he retires or splits G2 when so much of G2's story has already been focused on him
  • Potentially already losing Khoury if they're freeing the gods

I hadn't thought about it until just now and I'm not sure about the timing but it might be kind of funny for Craig to drop dead while testifying for Malchus because he's gone Kord-less.

• kumokurin likes this

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

I hadn't thought about it until just now and I'm not sure about the timing but it might be kind of funny for Craig to drop dead while testifying for Malchus because he's gone Kord-less.

Boo!

Pro-Bri:

• The Witch made her for this
  • She's already falling apart so it may as well end it now for the betterment of the world

Speaking of this, the lore keeper guy had those same black veins. Is that an immortality curse from the witch? It clearly doesn't stop pain or disease, but Bri hasn't died yet, and it sounded like that the lore keeper guy was pushing the upper limit on Eladrin life span. Also what did he eat? Has he been starving this whole time, cursed to immortality by the witch?

• lasersniper likes this

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

lasersniper

lasersniper

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Although I think the answer is somewhat clear, anyone else a little annoyed G2 didn't ask lore keeper elf if he knew exactly HOW to free the gods. he just referred to Daegon as "the key". Now in my head that literally means in order to release the gods you need to break the seal and let the demons out as well. If that is the case, then the witch majorly misplayed her hand on which groups where going to help her accomplish her goal.

She sent the group that looks to be on her side to release the gods to get trapped in a mountain (Group 2) while the group she seems to be banking on (Group 3) is seems to be dead set on stopping the demons from being released at all costs. It feels like Group 2 & 3 might come to blows in Ep 200.

I truly wonder if there really is a way to free the gods AND keep the demons sealed. But with everything we learned, and the fact that the Witch said releasing the gods will destroy the world before it can be remade, I feel like that isn't the case. If I am right, then I have a feeling that G2 accidentally weakened their position by stopping the demon delivery xD.

*BOOM*  ---------------------------------------------------X Headshot

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • 454 posts

Speaking of this, the lore keeper guy had those same black veins. Is that an immortality curse from the witch? It clearly doesn't stop pain or disease, but Bri hasn't died yet, and it sounded like that the lore keeper guy was pushing the upper limit on Eladrin life span. Also what did he eat? Has he been starving this whole time, cursed to immortality by the witch?

One of the questions I asked during the LiT Gods but didn't get an answer to was how exactly the god related to their domains. Can they all kind of do whatever and their domains are just their interests/chores or are their powers very specific, e.g. Alverin can't do much unless it's in response to an injustice in which case she can do things like give people some amount of immorality/immunity even though that'd normally fall under the Raven Queen.

I figure there has to be more to the cave than what they saw. He was way too coherent to have been trapped starving alone in the darkness surrounded by the petrified forms of his countrymen for decades. Long term sensory deprivation is some nasty shit. Hell, maybe that was part of his black spiderweb thing, keeping his brain balanced just enough to stay sane through all of that. Part of the Witch's game plan seemed to be trying to humble them. I could see there being plenty of food around, moss, mushrooms, cave creatures, just nothing up to the standards of Eladrin cuisine, but the curse doesn't let him starve to death to try and get him to lower himself.

Although I think the answer is somewhat clear, anyone else a little annoyed G2 didn't ask lore keeper elf if he knew exactly HOW to free the gods. he just referred to Daegon as "the key". Now in my head that literally means in order to release the gods you need to break the seal and let the demons out as well. If that is the case, then the witch majorly misplayed her hand on which groups where going to help her accomplish her goal.

She sent the group that looks to be on her side to release the gods to get trapped in a mountain (Group 2) while the group she seems to be banking on (Group 3) is seems to be dead set on stopping the demons from being released at all costs. It feels like Group 2 & 3 might come to blows in Ep 200.

I truly wonder if there really is a way to free the gods AND keep the demons sealed. But with everything we learned, and the fact that the Witch said releasing the gods will destroy the world before it can be remade, I feel like that isn't the case. If I am right, then I have a feeling that G2 accidentally weakened their position by stopping the demon delivery xD.

The way he talked about, quizzing Daegon about the Witch and how see looked and aged, I don't think the demon freeing ritual and the god freeing ritual would be the same. And since he knew how to retarget and use the gate but didn't have to power to charge it, it could be they're walking into/near the Eladrin outpost where the notes and such for the ritual were kept. I think they've got some time before the Blood Moon.

I don't think G2/G3 would be coming to blows, they know each other enough to have some conversations before anything gets out of hand.

G2 has the problem of:

• Doesn't have the ritual to free the gods

But does have:

• Direct knowledge of the state of the Eladrin
  • Confirmation that the Eladrin trapped the Gods
  • Pretty solid confirmation that the Witch is who Una think she is
  • An emotionally charged and very repentant Daegon trying to set things right

G3 has the problems:

• Know that a psion will die for each ritual preformed
  • Continued doubts re: the Witch

But has:

• 3 (probably correctly labelled) rituals with various outcomes
  • Multiple psions

After talking it out and if the time comes with no additional psions arriving or Bri isn't possessed or something, I'd assume Bri or Daegon would step up and try to free the gods. If someone else does show up to free the demons and they have to fight I could see them being generally disappointed but not necessarily super bummed about missing the god freeing window since they delayed the demon threat, at least until the Witch starts freaking out.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

And I could be wrong about this but it sounded like Daegon's kid is from the post-Eladrin disappearance years

It sounded to me like it happened before they disappeared. He said something about having to watch his son from afar, i'm guessing because he couldn't be obvious about it if the wife or someone might see. 

I could be wrong. 

I think they've got some time before the Blood Moon.

Yeah, like 5 weeks. I'm thinking they get to Ki'an, freeze for a bit and gate right the hell back out to somewhere more hospitable. Or Kalden busts out some ice elf pudding cups and builds everyone some nice igloo's. 

• kumokurin likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

knil

knil

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Members
  • 454 posts

It sounded to me like it happened before they disappeared. He said something about having to watch his son from afar, i'm guessing because he couldn't be obvious about it if the wife or someone might see. 

I could be wrong. 

The way I took the afar comment was that at some point after the disappearance (years?) he got super depressed with the lack of progress he was making, had an ill-advised hook up, felt super guilty like he was betraying his wife and his people by feeling kind of happy instead of spending all his time and energy to bring back the Eladrin. So he ghosted (but maybe not until years after the kid had been born), and then occasionally circled back from time to time as he wandered the continent but didn't interact with them because of the layers of guilt. Daegon abandoned them for his quest but even if he's able to complete it and return the Eladrin it'd just further separate him from his son as he wouldn't be a "pure blood" or something awful like that.

But yeah, totally could have been in Odysia pre-disappearance too. Maybe once the behind the scenes goes up we'll get a clearer picture.

• kumokurin likes this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

Now I have to investigate....

(like 30 minutes later)

You may be right, when the Eladrin were revealed, Daegon said he was looking for Nymira and his parents, not the son. 

• kumokurin likes this

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Now I have to investigate....

(like 30 minutes later)

You may be right, when the Eladrin were revealed, Daegon said he was looking for Nymira and his parents, not the son. 

Steve saves the day!

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

Steve saves the day!

doesn't mean i'm right about anything lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users