Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 199: Rock Bottom

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Curethedarkness

Curethedarkness

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Oh my gosh a surprise DRP episode, I was so excited when i downloaded the episode this morning, and I have to say I think that excitement was justified. 

As is always the case with the DRP games this session was hilarious, and though I am a little disappointed that we didn't get to see any rod of wonder action, I thoroughly loved Jake's performance as Drakonis. Not once did he miss a beat with the drug addled dragonborn and his interactions with Cassie were great.

Also kudos to Rob for his roleplaying with Cassie...ohh poor sweet Cassie. I think she has to be my favourite DRP character thanks to today's episode, she is like the only nice/sane person in a gang of miscreants and madness but still has a fiery spark about her, especially when she does make sarcastic comments regarding her companions.

What did y'all think? And calling it now, this is not the last we're going to see of the Bell of Vecna. Maybe it will be used to bring back a major NPC or villian, perhaps Darkbane, Carter or even Darmock. I'm sure there are some crazy cultists who would go out of their way to bring any of them back (though for entirely different reasons for each).

• JadziaGrace, kumokurin, varla30 and 11 others like this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Oh DRP. I know Jake is playing up Drakonis to be the scumbaggiest scumbag to wander the streets and I KNOW the characters would love to Shavvar him...but the other players reactions to Drakonis doing, well what should be totally expected of him at this point is hysterical. 

The passive-aggressive comments from Cassie, and the aggressive-aggressive comments from Dorinn, Sonia and Kava are making these really fun to listen to.

I agree with Tyler that when Cassie does eventually snap, she'll probably kill the whole lot of them in a blind rage. 

I also thought Yoste was going to be dead in a closet or behind the counter so i'm glad someone mentioned that :P

Also, Drakonis screaming at Cassie and pushing the carriage back to Esterholt rather than attempting to nuke something to ash was a stunning turn and I loved it :)

• kumokurin likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ronjon

ronjon

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
I'd like arc 2 to have a reformation of Drakonis story line. This banter will get old pretty quickly, but I like Drakonis.

Curethedarkness

Curethedarkness

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I'd like arc 2 to have a reformation of Drakonis story line. This banter will get old pretty quickly, but I like Drakonis.

Yeah I think a reformation story line would be great if played right (and given how well things have been played so far I have no doubt that it will be done right). It would be interesting to see DRP do something noble and not for money, since if they were to save Drakonis they would also have to cure his disease, otherwise he will forever require Bloodroot just to combat it.

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I love drp :) very happy to hear this episode I really love all the characters, think Drakonis and Cassie really shined this episode, I was very afraid when Drakonis took the bloodroot and he could use two daily powers i think or something like that but he ended up just yelling and pushing the carriage phew lol. I don't think we have heard of the end of the bell of vecna either and maybe yost will appear again, will be interestes to hear where this goes and if drp and this story is part of 200

Rimewind

Rimewind

Official Autobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Cassie. I love her. I want to hug and squeeze her and call her George.

And isnt Drakonis(jerkonass from now on) sick? Isnt the blood root the only medication?

Has he shared this information with anyone in the group? Because I would be way more patient with a person taking a troublesome but life saving medication than with a possibly homicidal coke junky.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

And isnt Drakonis(jerkonass from now on) sick? Isnt the blood root the only medication?

Has he shared this information with anyone in the group? Because I would be way more patient with a person taking a troublesome but life saving medication than with a possibly homicidal coke junky.

Yes.

I don't think he's been lucid enough to explain anything, although Kava and Dorinn might know (or at least suspect) because they are dragonborn, Kava moreso because she is family. 

G1 was told at some point but not DRP.

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I'm happy to get one more DRP episode before the end of the season. This interation of DRP is absolutely my favorite so far; the mix of player and character personalities is fantastic.

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Another great DRP episode. Definite shades of Thoril in Dorinn more or less sitting out some of the group disagreements / discussions (to sell or not to sell?). This really is a fun group to have playing together. Drakonis having no shame pouring his drugs out on Cassie's shield and snorting away is a hilarious contrast to him being completely unwilling to explain why he's using the Bloodroot in the first place.

I didn't really expect Yoste to be dead, at least in part because the other guy was just out front doing business initially and had access to the chest to get the gold. He didn't strike me as the type that would be "taking over" the business, and the timing would have been a bit too coincidental. But you never know for sure...

In the new 3 episodes a month plus a talk show, I'd love to see a DRP episode alternate with the talk show every other month, or at least a DRP episode on months with 5 Mondays although that's really not nearly often enough. Anyhow, thanks everyone on the DRP crew and of course Jason for such fun episodes.

• kumokurin likes this

Drakonis

Drakonis

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Administrators
  • 17 posts
  • @DrakonisDR

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! We had a lot of fun this episode and I'm just really happy to be with this group of guys and gals! What is next for DRP!?!  :ph34r:

• JadziaGrace, TCKnight, kumokurin and 3 others like this

Xanthan1981

Xanthan1981

Durnhollow Stable Cleaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I wonder about the timing of this episode. I don't remember a date in the episode, so was this filler, or will it have impact on 200.  Seems strange to have a group look for a random artifact just before that could potentially have power over life and death, just before the apocalypse. Is it Chekhov's bell. look forward to finding out.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

DRP is in the same time space as G1 and 4. This episode was the 14th-17th of Thorom (they got to Esterholt on the 17th). G2 is about a week ahead and G3 is way into the next month as of 198. 

Timeline

My thanks to Jason for always giving me at least 1 date in an episode to figure this stuff out :)

• JasonDandR and Bad Neighbor like this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Steve - That timeline page is the bomb by the way. I always use that when trying to figure out where groups are with respect to each other. Obviously the month names in Theria have a lot less meaning to us non-Therians, so just hearing a date on the show (I did notice Jason mentioned the date in this DRP) doesn't always help. Fortunately we have the Wiki Guy to bail us out!

• Steve the Wiki Guy likes this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Thanks! I fully expect arc 2 to move through the months a lot faster than we have been.

Thorom has been a busy month so when g3 hit Est'iss I was surprised. I thought Reng'we (when the blood moon is) was next and had to go look it up :P

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Since I haven't done so before:

While the rest of DRP deliver knock-out performances, Jake has done the best hands-down (sorry everyone else in DRP; I love you all!). Not just because he commits to Drakonis playing a scumbag drug-addict, but with how he uses the Rod of Wonder. Twice now, we've seen him call attention to it, make a big build up, and then utterly disappoint us at the last moment. That is good story telling. Each time Drakonis fails to use the rod, it makes us want him to use it more. That is going to make whenever he uses it for real more impactful. Whether it results in a positive effect for the DRP party is a completely different matter.

• Steve the Wiki Guy and Bad Neighbor like this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

I think that may be part of the pro wrestling fan in Jake egging on the crowd as it were. He's going to threaten to use it until we least expect it and BAM! Hopefully something spectacular happens. 

• TCKnight likes this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

I think that may be part of the pro wrestling fan in Jake egging on the crowd as it were. He's going to threaten to use it until we least expect it and BAM! Hopefully something spectacular happens. 

I still think he'll break it trying to pry open a window or door to go steal drugs...

• TCKnight and Rimewind like this

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I still think he'll break it trying to pry open a window or door to go steal drugs...

If that happens, I hope that it forever changes the region around the resulting explosion into one major zone of weirdness.

• DSheeks likes this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

If that happens, I hope that it forever changes the region around the resulting explosion into one major zone of weirdness.

Ha! The apothecary's shop of wonder! I'm thinking six foot tall psychedelic mushroom plants, a magic rabbit hole with a smoking caterpillar, and a 10 acre field of blood root vines.

• TCKnight likes this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Right in the middle of Esterholt....perhaps Jadzia's place :P

• TCKnight likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users