Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 200: History (spoilers)

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 DRP holy crap!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Here you go. Let the thoughts fly! 

I'll be back later with notes!

• Generic Fighter, LizaWejems, Antoinegene and 3 others like this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

JasonDandR

JasonDandR

DM

• Administrators
  • 594 posts
  • United States

I moved this here just so it didn't look like it was just G1 lol. We don't really have another place for it at the moment. :)

That guy who writes for that show.

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,478 posts

Yup. I cried. I knew I would. Amarah, Bri, Khorey, Acteronis. :(

The narrations were a HUGE help with all the jumps. I was able to keep up with everything very well. I'm glad Malchus was found 'not guilty,' and I suspect he will be 'retiring' as a PC and becoming a homebody in Winterhaven.

The diplomacy with the orcs was a very interesting twist. I suspect there will be growing pains, but I'm hopeful that the problems will be mostly cultural differences rather than war for territory.

I would have never guessed that the Githserai would have been the boss fight. Empowered by demons, and summoning a dracolich, that was awesome! Interesting choice of question from Marrek, though. I'm very very curious about Kal'Tos's motiviations, but I suppose we'll never know. I'll just assume 'psychopath' until informed otherwise.

That final scene. Very powerful. Top notch roleplay from everyone and I teared up. Bravo! Now I can't wait for arc two...

• JadziaGrace, Kelsey, Daegon Arcanscape and 4 others like this

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Kelsey

Kelsey

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Group One
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

I would have never guessed that the Githserai would have been the boss fight. Empowered by demons, and summoning a dracolich, that was awesome! Interesting choice of question from Marrek, though. I'm very very curious about Kal'Tos's motiviations, but I suppose we'll never know. I'll just assume 'psychopath' until informed otherwise.

You might want to give a listen to the most recent Safe Haven Society ;) 

• JadziaGrace and kumokurin like this

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,478 posts

You might want to give a listen to the most recent Safe Haven Society ;)

I'm so behind on patreon content D:

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Haven't read any comments as i'm not done with the episode yet but fun story. 

My mp3 player doesn't like super long D&R episodes. it won't play the new episode 1 or 200 but that's my problem to sort out. So i downloaded it and was listening on another appliance, I get 3-4 hours in to exactly when Marrek says the the Githzerai "no one gets near the seal if it's to let the demons out..." 

Me "wtf?" ARG! battery died RIGHT THERE!. :P Well played tablet, well played. 

• kumokurin, lasersniper, Generic Fighter and 1 other like this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lacomstock

lacomstock

Durnhollow Stable Cleaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Holy cow... that was a emotional roller coaster, my friends and family probably thought I was crazy when I would seemingly randomly shout "WHAT" "NO" or "Yusssssssss"

That ending was spectacular and the closest any production has ever come to making me cry. Everything I hoped would happen did, which was amazing, I can't wait to see the repercussions.

First, Izzy that save on Marrek was perfect, I would have been even more sad if he had died too.

Second. Eliwrath and Malchus are the funniest combination I have heard in a long time.

Third. Jason and Bri, the music and sounds were on point and made the emotions so much better.

I'm closing all I can do is applaud. That kind you guys for an amazing ride.

Foisair

Foisair

Durnhollow Stable Cleaner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

So many tears! :( Bravo everyone!

-Insert interesting signature here-

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Good episode and well done by all involved. Was a bit disappointed all we got was a summary of Malchus' trial, but not too surprised because as I'd mentioned before it would have had to have been a tour-de-force role play effort by Jason. And unless the rest of G1 and G4 were off on a last minute mission during the middle of the trial there wouldn't have been much for them to do. I always really enjoy scenes with Rob and Jason involved in a battle of wits though, and there would have been some real potential there with Malchus on the stand answering questions from the prosecuting attorney.

One question: What happened to Kord's Gale (sp?) that Julie had been wielding? Did I miss / forget her giving that back to the Kordites? 

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I just finished the episode and I am blown away. I'm not going to go point-by-point yet (there's plenty of time before season two starts to go back and do that), but I just wanted to throw it out there that this final episode was just about everything I wanted it to be. Incredible job done by Jason, Bri, and all the players. 

AtomicDeke

AtomicDeke

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Yep, I teared up when Daegon stepped up to the seal and everyone started making their goodbyes. Bravo to G1/G4 on the successful orc negotiation and transplant operation, too. I do hope we find out more about Kal'tos after the break; that sounded like a reasonably interesting character.

One minor critique I had while listening was during Malchus' address at his hearing, specifically with all the background chatter. Considering the gravity with which the event had been treated prior, it felt weird to hear the same kind of vibe that I heard in the pilot for the Safe Haven Society. Maybe if there had been a murmur now and again after a particular point Malchus had made, that would have been one thing, but I found it a little difficult to focus on Malchus when there were drunks raising their voices apropos of nothing.

With that aside, I thought the breaks in the action going from group to group were well done and made a lot of sense. No one group seemed overly present or under-represented, in my mind, and it provided a nice end note to the current story.

• kumokurin and Steel Cavalry like this

MichaelJ

MichaelJ

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

An AMAZING way to wrap up the first arc! Well done, everyone! And Jason...that was a total gut punch...and then another...and then another...

So many thoughts, but to keep it short:

1) I am shocked at the peaceful resolution to the orc situation! I thought that Aria was dead wrong, and I thought we were heading for a big fight. But I had it backwards. Excellent work, Aria!

2) Were there dice rolls involved in Amara's death, or was that just planned out that way for storytelling purposes?

3) I would have loved to hear Malchus' trial in its entirety, but that would have taken WAY too long. I really dig courtroom dramas, but this isn't that kind of show. This was definitely the best way to go. Maybe someday Jason and Rob could do a special trial excerpts thing for Patreon?

4) That fight with Kal'Tos and the dracolich was electrifying! I was listening while driving in traffic, and I kept noticing that I was white-knuckling the steering wheel and shouting at my ipod. And so many times I thought we were going to lose somebody. Best boss-fight yet!

5) I am going to miss Brie so much. And I adore and revere Una. I have said many times that I consider Una to be a super-heroine and one of my favourite characters on the show. (I totally disagreed with her on the whole "bring back the gods thing," but still...) But...that being said, I can't wait for that shadow to cross her face the first time Brie's name comes up. I know that Una's a religious zealot, but there has to be that nagging question, that doubt, "Did I make the right decision?" And if the gods turn out to be total assholes...

Looking forward to the next 200 episodes!

• kumokurin and lasersniper like this

Midhir

Midhir

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Did anyone else wonder what would have happened had all three psions attempted the ritual together?

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Did anyone else wonder what would have happened had all three psions attempted the ritual together?

Clear space for condensing down to 3 groups??

• TCKnight and Bad Neighbor like this

JadziaGrace

JadziaGrace

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Administrators
  • 562 posts

2) Were there dice rolls involved in Amara's death, or was that just planned out that way for storytelling purposes?

That was the crit one the group rolled right at the beginning. I think it was said in passing but Jason said after the orc situation that the roll had nothing to do with the orcs and everything to do with what happened in Winterhaven while they were gone.

• JasonDandR, TCKnight, kumokurin and 1 other like this

tumblr_mll5i8iAaq1rrftcdo1_500.gif

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always the kettenhund.

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,478 posts

That was the crit one the group rolled right at the beginning. I think it was said in passing but Jason said after the orc situation that the roll had nothing to do with the orcs and everything to do with what happened in Winterhaven while they were gone.

Damn, I was just about to answer this. I don't remember it being mentioned in the episode, but we mentioned it in the Discord. 

ronjon

ronjon

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Just finished this morning.  Good episode.  I have a few nits, but I think I'm going to re-listen and make sure I wasn't missing things.

Congrats to everyone involved.  Phenomenal stuff.

varla30

varla30

Uman' Yiro Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( ..... I hate everything! noooo!

• kumokurin likes this

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Bravo to everyone.

As I reflect on all the events of the past 200 episodes I find myself so very moved by everyone's contributions to this amazing experience. Episode 200 is, without a shadow of the doubt, the single greatest piece of content D&R has ever produced.

Here's to 200 more fantastic episodes :)

• TCKnight, kumokurin and Bad Neighbor like this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( ..... I hate everything! noooo!

It's always the fault of the dice, never the roller!

• varla30 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, DRP, holy crap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users