Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Episode 200: History (spoilers)

Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 DRP holy crap!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Necrobecr

Necrobecr

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

I flat out cried in my car driving home listening to end of this episode. It was simply so powerful and emotional. I've never been a fan of Una, but she is actually the character I'm most excited to hear about in Arc 2. She was right there with Bri, and ready to go with her, but the world didn't let her go with the one she loved. I feel like this could be a great point for actual character development in Una. I've always found her quite one dimensional actually, even when she lost her faith. I hope that Jason and Izzy work together to make her a better character! (By the way, I mean no offense to Izzy in any way shape or form by my criticism of Una, I feel she has played Una near perfectly!)

Anyway, I'm excited for more episodes to be released!!!!

• Antoinegene and Allieliemo like this

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Kephalos Ploutarchos, Human Avenger of the Raven Queen in Aubrey

-Atronach Billow, Tiefling Ranger from Durhollow

-Josh from Wisconsin

Necrobecr

Necrobecr

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

OK, thanks, that makes more sense to me. I was missing part of your point. I was 100% expecting Brie to be the one to die if they opened the seal (which I still think was a bad idea). During the episode when Daegon decided he was going to be the one to open the seal I thought that was an excellent twist which completely made sense because of what he thought needed to happen. Daegon's decision / speach and the G2 members saying their goodbyes was great drama, and it felt like the moment was cheated by the last minute switch to Brie (my opinion in this case; others may well disagree). Jason has explained Brie's mindset and how she came to the decision in the group chats or other content (quite possibly on Patreon; I don't recall where unfortunately) and that made sense, I just think if it was Daegon it would have been more dramatic and, quite frankly more tragic with yet another multi-character hit to G2.

As I've said elsewhere, the show isn't written ahead of time and the combination of input from the players and DM is what makes things compelling and fun to listen to, but it is fun to speculate on how things might have been different or what will happen next. I definitely didn't pick up on / think of the trope as you did, but thanks again for explaining it further.

I just want to point out a possibility onto why Brie waited until after the goodbyes other than building drama. Maybe, for just that moment, Brie saw a chance of her living her days out with Una. That moment, she was hopeful. But as the moment was ending, she realized it made no sense for Daegon, someone perfectly healthy, to die when she was so sickly, and would likely die shortly after the Blood Moon, whether or not the seal was opened (either the Witch would be no more and the spell keeping her alive is lifted, or the Witch becomes irate, and lifts the curse to kill Brie in an act of "justice" [revenge]). Brie was merely lost in a moment of false hope, and found herself before it was too late. 

• JasonDandR likes this

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Kephalos Ploutarchos, Human Avenger of the Raven Queen in Aubrey

-Atronach Billow, Tiefling Ranger from Durhollow

-Josh from Wisconsin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, DRP, holy crap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users