Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

No time to play, but need your D&D? Try PbP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cmbrian

cmbrian

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I was jonesing for D&D between my every 3-4 week online game, didn't have a local in person group to play with, and honestly didn't know when I'd find the time to carve out a regular 3-4 hours with work and family.

I heard an interview on a RPG podcast with the cerator of a forum devoted completely to play-by-post RPGs and decided to check it out. I lurked for a few weeks, read through a couple of public game threads to see how it worked, then decided to go for it. I made a character (there are simple character sheets to fill in), joined a game and started playing!

I'm now in 4 5e games, one basic D&D game, and a beta test Star Trek adventure, and it completely satisfies that between game session cravings!

There are many sites that offer pbp on the side, but this guy has developed the sight with pbp as its sole purpose, and it shows. It's gamersplane.com -- I definitely recommend it for your RPG fix.
  • kumokurin, Bad Neighbor, crobekew and 1 other like this

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

I've played in a number of pbp games over the years, with a pretty wide variety of success. I haven't tried gamersplane, though. I'll have a look and maybe (probably) give it a shot!

• cmbrian likes this

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,478 posts

I've never done PbP. I've done solo games with a virtual DM, which was fun.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Generic Fighter

Generic Fighter

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I have a friend who is looking for something like this. He Drives big rig Trucks all over the place so He doesn't have a fixed Timetable. But he has time most days to post a bit so this will help him have more fun times on the road! I'll let you know what he thinks of this site.

GF

• cmbrian and kumokurin like this

WARNING! I have a sense of Humor and I'm NOT afraid to use it!

My Online Album of mostly Miniatures I've mangled...I mean Modified and Painted.

http://s124.photobuc...ighter/library/

My pathetic attempt at a Blog.

http://genericfighter.blogspot.com/

cmbrian

cmbrian

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

@generic fighter if your friend has trouble finding a game, let me know and I'll PM some GMs that I've played with to see if they have any space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users