I'm a new listener who started the podcast back in September last year all the way back at Episode 1. Mostly because hey, where else do you start a podcast? Also, I saw I would have plenty of content to last me. So it has! I'm chronologically working my way through the feed and delved into the written articles and journals on the site as well as the Youtube content. Finally, recently I subbed to Patreon as well and will work my way through as much content as I can there!
I just finished Episode 122 - Bad Moon, and ohh man, I just had to share some thoughts.
So much through the feed so far has been amazing, but to keep the reading short, I'll just bullet point some highlights:
- Meat on the Taaable! I still chant that sometimes from the 1st Tournament of Champions.
- Group 1 really getting into the debate at the Treaty signing, then the intense fight with Drock in his tomb. I could really see the visuals with each attack and especially the brutal kicks over the throne!
- The brilliant twist of time jumping and building the world around it
- Gathering an army Dragon Age-style for a showdown while other groups emerge
- The gauntlet of pain Group 2 went through for the longest time involving an undead horde, unicorns, werewolves and trolls [well, troll] and the heartbreak with it
- Group 3 who I initially hated and even cheered when Fie died at Bri's crit, but ended up growing to love the characters and even taking inspiration from them for my own
- The incredible heartbreak when Briahna died accidentally at the horns of Yenward, and the solemn silence that punctuated it
- Triumph at the Siege of Overwatch, how tense and exciting that whole battle was! Once again, excellent visuals and foley work to set the imagination.
- The epic battle with Straad, the intense emotions with Una striking the eye, Bri rocking the city with power and blasting apart Straad from within
- The incredible journey of Jadzia fighting through her abusive past and renewing herself with her soul and with finding her love with Vallus
- Duncan going through his own journey of gaining respect and purging his turbulent past
- An amazing episode 100 which brought together so many elements of the show
Even in that, I've missed going over so much growth and amazing moments, and not to mention the inspiration for this post... Gods, I love how perfectly Jason set the reveal at the end of part 1! How the question of the afterlife was teased so long, and now the story is thrown headfirst over the cliff into the realm of divinity. I can't wait to hear how it plays out across Theria, and I'm sure it must tie into more recent episodes too!
Speaking of which, I am so proud of the cast and everyone helping to make Episode 200 become a reality! I can't wait to hear it, and I bet it will make an excellent capstone to this long journey. After all, I've still got a ways to go!
I'll post in this thread every so often just to share more thoughts as I keep plugging along, but otherwise, thanks for reading!