Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Theria: Post Episode 200 (Spoilers)

Episode 200 Theria Story

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I know it hasn't been a full week, but I figured someone should create a space for speculation/thoughts about the possible storylines that will be out there once the new Episode 1 hits the feed. Since other threads are dedicated to listeners' reactions to the episode, I figured the topic should be separate. 

So my thoughts on what may be the interweaving storylines going forward:

1) Darmok is still out there. Destroying the seal prevented the easiest route for him to get to Jadzia, but don't believe for a second that this is going to stop him from finding some way to get to her. We've seen him manifest in some form in Theria. Only time will tell how he breaks out of hell.

2) Daegon and the Eladrin. Daegon frees his people, but what do the Eladrin do now that they are free? Can Daegon help them find their place in the new world or will they fall into an old sense of superiority and try to assert their dominance once more?

3) The orc nation. This is the storyline I'm most excited for. Can Winterhaven and Overdale learn to peacefully coexist with a race previously known only for savagery and bloodshed? Who will be the keepers of this peace?

4) Una post-Bre. If Izzy stays on the show, it would be interesting to see how Una handles life after the seal. She got the gods released, but was it worth what she gave up?

5) The Black Hand. Since she already was working with demons, her story may tie back in with Darmok's. Either way, she'll know that her plan didn't work and that is going to put the members of Group 2 and Tessia in her cross-hairs.

6) The Black Dragon. It attacked Winterhaven. Why that city of all places? It wasn't Overdale, where Straad first attacked. It wasn't Esterholt where the paladins who attacked him were from. Winterhaven is completely out of the blue unless it a) had been attacking other cities elsewhere that we don't know about yet or 2) something else drew it to Winterhaven.

Maybe this is a little meta-gamey, but we're fans, not the players. And we have weeks before a new show pops up, so let's hear those thoughts, people!

• kumokurin likes this

Aidan8et

Aidan8et

Stumpy, the Drone Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I actually was bringing up some of these exact thoughts in the Discord today. In response, I have only 1 thing to say:

Demon King Darmok.

• kumokurin likes this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

I have thoughts!

I also have thoughts on your thoughts, so those first :P

1, agreed

2, Daegon still has to find a way to release them first and I seem to recall him saying the witch told him his power would crumble mountains if he lost his temper...might be just the thing. 

3, I agree the orc thing is interesting and depending where they settle and if they mind their own business for a while could change the landscape a little

4, I said it in another thread and can see that without Craig at the temple and without Brie in her life, Una may give up adventuring and take up a position at the temple with Julie. It will keep her close to Jadzia and Sariff so it makes sense.

5, who knows!

6, that dragon. Maybe it was drawn to the charred flesh scent of Nathaniel or because G1 and 4 have both killed dragons recently but it has been seen and heard all over the mainland so maybe it was just a promising target?

Some thoughts of my own that are more who goes where or what's to come.

G1: A lot depends if Malchus retires or continues to adventure. Aria, Teveen and Amvin don't have a major quest looming beyond the trial so it's a wide open road from there. I have a hard time seeing Malchus settling down but that all depends on Jason and Rob and what season 2 holds.

G2: 2 members down and still the Eladrin to release. They need to deal with the Black Hand and make sure Tessia is safe,

G3: This I think will be the biggest loss to listeners. I see Una retiring to the temple with Julie. Marrek needs to get back to Uman' Yiro for his date and Calluna probably won't really want to go. If Marrek and Tia hit it off, Calluna is going to feel like a 3rd wheel and may just leave. 

Either way, I feel like Marrek and Calluna may have had just about enough excitement to merit retirement. I don't want that to happen but it makes sense to me. 

That leaves Thantos. Her quest to find Kal'tos is done, now what? She could join G2 and that makes sense too. Daegon could be as good a teacher as Brie would have been. 

G4: Fight club! I'm thinking this will actually be the place of the most character movement. G1 has 3 players and G4 has 6. Aria might fit better with G4, and they all said they liked her. Really not sure how the shuffle might go beyond that.

So, what plot threads are making people think?

Will Nathaniel wake up and if so, what happens?

How will the gods reappearing change things?

The dragon, the Eladrin, who else was a god? Is Gary ok? 

• kumokurin and MichaelJ like this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I have thoughts!

I also have thoughts on your thoughts, so those first :P

1, agreed

2, Daegon still has to find a way to release them first and I seem to recall him saying the witch told him his power would crumble mountains if he lost his temper...might be just the thing. 

3, I agree the orc thing is interesting and depending where they settle and if they mind their own business for a while could change the landscape a little

4, I said it in another thread and can see that without Craig at the temple and without Brie in her life, Una may give up adventuring and take up a position at the temple with Julie. It will keep her close to Jadzia and Sariff so it makes sense.

5, who knows!

6, that dragon. Maybe it was drawn to the charred flesh scent of Nathaniel or because G1 and 4 have both killed dragons recently but it has been seen and heard all over the mainland so maybe it was just a promising target?

Some thoughts of my own that are more who goes where or what's to come.

G1: A lot depends if Malchus retires or continues to adventure. Aria, Teveen and Amvin don't have a major quest looming beyond the trial so it's a wide open road from there. I have a hard time seeing Malchus settling down but that all depends on Jason and Rob and what season 2 holds.

G2: 2 members down and still the Eladrin to release. They need to deal with the Black Hand and make sure Tessia is safe,

G3: This I think will be the biggest loss to listeners. I see Una retiring to the temple with Julie. Marrek needs to get back to Uman' Yiro for his date and Calluna probably won't really want to go. If Marrek and Tia hit it off, Calluna is going to feel like a 3rd wheel and may just leave. 

Either way, I feel like Marrek and Calluna may have had just about enough excitement to merit retirement. I don't want that to happen but it makes sense to me. 

That leaves Thantos. Her quest to find Kal'tos is done, now what? She could join G2 and that makes sense too. Daegon could be as good a teacher as Brie would have been. 

G4: Fight club! I'm thinking this will actually be the place of the most character movement. G1 has 3 players and G4 has 6. Aria might fit better with G4, and they all said they liked her. Really not sure how the shuffle might go beyond that.

So, what plot threads are making people think?

Will Nathaniel wake up and if so, what happens?

How will the gods reappearing change things?

The dragon, the Eladrin, who else was a god? Is Gary ok? 

Thanks for the comments!

I will respond to your response now, oh keeper of the lore. ;-)

1) Forgot that the Eladrin still need to be awoken. I assumed that once the Witch ascended back into godhood that they would wake up, seeing as to what happened to Acteronis with Khoury (I'll miss them both). :-( But we'll have to see if that is covered in-game or glossed over in the time-skip. Either way, once they are awake, I feel like they'll create a whole new set of problems for Theria.

2) I agree that Una phasing out of adventuring life is the more likely option. But that hinges on whether Izzy steps away/changes characters. This would be a good time to do either if she wanted and I respect her choice to do any of the three options, because, damn, she deserves to do whatever she wants.

3) While Rob continuing on is up in the air as anything else, I'm torn as to whether Malchus will retire. Like for Una, this is a good narrative point to bow out, but if I'm remembering correctly, Malchus promised to help his comrades with their quests once the trial was done. Taveen sort of lost what we knew of her direction when Yenward left, but she could still look for her friend/former owner and what happened to him. Amvin's quest to learn more about the nature of magic could lead to some interesting journeys, especially if it ties into the creation of the psion and how their powers are distinct from other magic-users. As for Aria, as long as Theo goes with her, I'll be happy with whatever group she's on (Yes, they're my 'ship. Wish I had time to write for the last Lovin' in Theria.)

4) I kind of want Merrick to continue on, just because he's an atheist in a world with gods. But as long as Darmok is a threat to Jadzia, I don't think he can retire. It was that threat that pushed him to pursue the seal, even if he'd didn't buy the whole "freeing the gods" business.

5) The gods... gee, I left that out on my original post because it's so hard to speculate. We know so little in terms of concrete information. My guess is that the Chained God (formerly the Witch) will start meddling immediately, shifting the balance of powers in Theria in ways that are spiteful and petty. Kord and the Raven Queen may start to intervene in opposition to the Chained God by selecting champions that they imbue with special powers. The other gods who were not connected to the main groups may be slower to act.

Night!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

OK, it's speculatin' time!

First, Daegon and The Witch. Recall that the witch specifically wanted Brie, NOT Daegon to open the seal. I think there may be two reasons for that. One, the witch needs Daegon to unchain her. Something more was done to the witch (whatever the god name is) than to the other gods. She was "chained", and it seems very clear the witch couldn't leave the swamp, so I'm guessing she's still stuck there and now needs Daegon to help free her. Second, recall that the witch somehow used Daegon to help entrap all of the Eladrin. I have a hunch that had Daegon died opening the seal that his death would have broken the spell and released the Eladrin. I don't think the witch just locked them away out of spite. I think they may well have the power to keep her chained up and possibly more. Here's to season 2 opening with Daegon and company paying a visit to the witch in the swamp with the intention to force her to release the Eladrin, and Daegon finding out he has to die for them to be released.

Second, Continents and Gates. We barely got to learn anything after G2 landed and went to find the Eladrin cave. Much more exploring needs to happen there, including some investigation into the desire for Stormrender (I was really expecting storm render to come into play at the seal -- oh well). There's a whole war to resolve there also, a perfect job for Malchus and G1. And of course there are other continents to explore beyond the frozen north (Ky'an - sp?). How about "season" 2 focusing on 3 groups on 3 different continents -- none of which are "the mainland"? That would be a fun twist. And of course now that Daegon has managed to use one of the gates and knows someone with the secret of what the symbols on the gates mean, we may have a means for groups to go continent hopping.

Third, The Gods and the Demons. I was really hoping they would all stay locked up. Based on listening to the Patreon content on the gods some time ago, I don't think they are going to be too much like what a lot of folks expect. The Eladrin managed to lock them up once, and probably for good reason. If they really are back (wouldn't it be a fun twist if opening the seal did something completely unexpected having nothing to do with the gods?) they may end up being a lot more trouble than they are worth. And I absolutely agree that Darmock is going to find a way back to visit Jahdzia and that should be pretty entertaining. Darmock seeking revenge for his murder by the members of G3 could be quite a story line. Hopefully the gods and demons don't totally dominate the story line though as I don't find that particularly compelling. However...

Fourth - The Title for "Season" Two: Put the Damn Gods Back!

• TCKnight and kumokurin like this

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Deal me in.

I was gonna go through and address the points everyone brought up one by one, but that would take forever so I'll just sum up with my own speculation. Keep in mind that a lot of this is dependent on how big the time jump between seasons will be. If it's a week, that's one thing. If it's a year or more, a lot of this might become moot, or at least be handled "off-camera". If it's a hundred years, then whatever cause just about everyone's gonna have to reroll by that point.

1) Daegon and the Eladrin: My suspicion is that Daegon might retire from active adventuring duty, as sad as that would be. It seems to me as though he would be 100% focused on finding a way to free the Eladrin (if releasing the gods didn't somehow do that already) and help them put their civilization back together. There's a lot for him to do in that respect, and not necessarily a ton to do involving the rest of an adventuring party. Since they're now suddenly on Ta'lor, I wonder if they would get swept up in the Lionfolk/Githzerai war (intentionally or otherwise)? If the Githzerai caught wind that the Eladrin have returned, and in their own backyard, I can totally see them trying to use that to leverage an advantage for themselves to finally win the war. Otherwise, I guess Daegon would lead them back across the sea to the Mainland where they can retake Odysia (from a black dragon?)

2) Demons and Darmock and the Black Hand: First and foremost, Tessia wasn't worried about the Black Hand coming after her (I think) because she had a massive white dragon on her campus. She doesn't have that any more (RIP Amarah). Aralove already mentioned that making sure her mother is safe is her main priority, and Braylon and Kalden agreed, so I assume that's where the survivors of G2 (minus Daegon) might go next.

Jason used an interesting phrase when he was describing the dracolich being summoned by Kal'tos: "borrowed demonic power". My suspicion is that Darmock is making alliances with dangerous people in order to increase his chances of escaping hell, and granting them power. If Kal'tos was one of those, then the Black Hand is definitely another. In fact, was already know that Kal'tos and the Black Hand were working together: Kal'tos is almost certainly the one who killed Yenward, and he delivered the axe to agents of the Black Hand. There must be someone among the lionfolk who is also working with Darmock, if they were going to deliver the axe to him. Point is, I think any attempt to stop the Black Hand is going to end up leading right back to Darmock. Who must be furious that Kal'tos blew his chance.

Also, did I just miss it, or has no one mentioned that the Black Hand is using the same title as the gnomish gang leader back in Overdale, who was killed by OG G1 and inadvertently set off the whole Carter storyline? I feel like that's maybe not a coincidence.

3) The Black Dragon: She's still out there, but hurt (although maybe not anymore, depending how long the jump is). Also don't forget the brood of black/red hybrid dragons that's been swarming around lately.

4) The Drow, and Esterholt: Ora Klad is still out there somewhere, plotting. She knows who killed those drow kids and maybe she'll stop when she gets her revenge on Fie (good luck to her, tracking down a changeling). Like others, I suspect Una will also retire from adventuring, though I don't think she'll settle down alongside Julie for the quiet life in the Temple. I think she'll end up back on active duty as the Fist of Kord now that she knows for sure he's real and that he was her personal mentor and friend. If that don't put the old-fashioned crusader zeal back into a paladin, then nothing will. Julie runs the temple, Una serves as its field agent. My point is, she'd be headquartered in Esterhold where her oldest friend Jadzia is mayor. Ora Clad has 2 of the 3 drow killers right there in one town, with Sariff on payroll. Plus, y'know. Jadzia is pregnant (or now has a kid, again depending on the jump).

5) The War on Ta'Lor: That sounds like a Wrestlemania title. Anyone who goes to Ta'Lor is going to get involved in this one way or another, for sure. I can't think of anyone but Thantos (and Daegon) who has any reason to go there, but maybe whoever deals with the Black Hand will figure out why the Lionfolk were making deals with her, and head over there to investigate.

5) Orcs and Dwarves: There's the big, new development that the outcast orcs are going to try and resettle somewhere in the Ten Thousand Horns area. I don't think many people expect that to go well, but who knows. Even if the orcs have no intention of conducting raids on their neighbors, I can't imagine those neighbors will be pleased that they're there. I can see Overwatch and Winterhaven taking exception to it. I can see the Minotaur of Thunder Spire and the Elves of the Evergreen having a problem with it. And I can really see the dwarves following them to try and finish the job (which would bring Orden back in, at the very least). If only there were a big empty city, far away, that the orcs could have to themselves...

6) Onak-Al: With Acteronis gone, I don't know how motivated anyone will be to return to Onak-Al anytime soon. This is one of the longest-dangling plot threads in the history of the show, though. Since OG Group 2 went in and cleared out (a lot of) the zombies, we've had no idea what's been going on there. Are the zombies all gone? Houses Hammerhand and Silverclaw stayed behind to finish off the zombies. Do they still have a presence there? Were they successful, or are they just zombies too, now? 

7) The Gods: This one almost goes without saying. I'm sure their return will have an effect on just about every aspect of the world, but I wonder how much of an active role they will take in the affairs of Theria?

8) Nathaniel, Winterhaven, and Malchus: We don't yet know if the medicine retrieved in episode 200 worked or not. We don't know if Nathaniel will want to be the Lord of Winterhaven, or what kind of Lord he would be. Malchus is found Not Guilty, but what does he do now? Again, I anticipate him retiring as an adventurer, but I could be wrong. 

9) The Bell of Vecna: That thing DRP fished out of the cave is going to come up again, I just know it.

10) Lizardmen: This thread was left hanging, but I hope we haven't seen the end of Morgan Osgood and his Lizardmen conspiracies. About which I hope he's at least partly right.

...I'll give it a rest for now. I have more thoughts and theories but we have plenty of downtime to pick through it all eventually.

• Kelsey, TCKnight and kumokurin like this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

I've said a few times that I don't think the Black Hand is a person at all, and that it is an organization, with what G2 is dealing with just being the current incarnation. I don't think the woman G2 met with is "the" Black Hand at all, and I'd be surprised if she was even "the leader". Why would the leader of a large criminal enterprise take the time to blackmail some folks with a boat (OK, ship) into delivering a package for them? I think there's a LOT more going on there than we've seen so far, and a possible blood mage working as one of the leaders of "The Black Hand, Inc." and picking up a bit of assistance from Darmock and other demons seems quite possible.

As for Ora Klad and revenge, I'd say all of the remaining original G3 members could be at risk there.

In my episode 200 prediction, I had Acteronis sacrificing himself for Daegon. Turns out he encouraged the action that killed him. He was one of my favorite characters so I hated to see him go. A follow up on Onak'al would be good though.

I actually don't think Malchus will retire, but who knows. If Ironhide or Derthag was still around I'd bet on it, but I think Rob is having fun with the character and would enjoy a challenge taking out the Black Dragon and going on quests to defend / help Winterhaven and of course the other G1 members. A G1 / G4 mix of some sort seems likely.

One other open item: The Angel of Death -- Is that some sort of super-god? My guess is something interesting might come up there, particularly as part of trying to put the troublesome gods back under Pandora's seal...

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

I've said a few times that I don't think the Black Hand is a person at all, and that it is an organization,

I'm leaning toward Dread Pirate Roberts situation.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

4) The Drow, and Esterholt: Ora Klad is still out there somewhere, plotting. She knows who killed those drow kids and maybe she'll stop when she gets her revenge on Fie (good luck to her, tracking down a changeling). Like others, I suspect Una will also retire from adventuring, though I don't think she'll settle down alongside Julie for the quiet life in the Temple. I think she'll end up back on active duty as the Fist of Kord now that she knows for sure he's real and that he was her personal mentor and friend. If that don't put the old-fashioned crusader zeal back into a paladin, then nothing will. Julie runs the temple, Una serves as its field agent. My point is, she'd be headquartered in Esterhold where her oldest friend Jadzia is mayor. Ora Clad has 2 of the 3 drow killers right there in one town, with Sariff on payroll. Plus, y'know. Jadzia is pregnant (or now has a kid, again depending on the jump).

As cool as I agree that this may be an interesting story, I don't know if the drow really have a beef strong enough to justify attacking Esterholt and two of its most famous citizens. Ora Klad was given her scapegoat in Fie and Sariff is getting his wish in transforming the city into a space more accepting of Drow and other races (even if it means not being directly in charge). I still see the Drow being a factor in Esterholt's storyline, but more as a political force vying for influence and less as a threat to Jadzia and Una's safety.

But things can change.

MichaelJ

MichaelJ

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Well, what the hell. I’m always wrong about this stuff anyway, so here’s my two-cents’ worth. And I’m a nerd who works with numbers for a living, so I will try to stick with the original numbering as well as I can:

1) Darmok is a very nice ace-in-the-hole. I think it would be very, very wise of Jason to just file that character away for a while, let some time go by, let us listeners forget about him, and then BAM! – when we least expect it… (creepy-voice whisper) “Hello…child…I’ve finally found you.” And watch the interwebs explode.

2) I seem to recall there being a theory that releasing the gods automatically triggers the release of the Eladrin. Maybe that was just player-hopefulness. But wait…no…didn’t that come from the swamp-witch herself? Steve, I’m counting on you, sir. Set me straight on this. But in the meantime, let’s just go with that theory for now:

Personally, I never understood why the Eladrin would have to automatically be released as soon as the gods are. Why? Because the swamp witch says so? She hates the Eladrin, and there’s no reason that she should tell the truth about how to release them. Personally, I think it would be amazing for Daegon to go back to that cave, expecting to be reunited with his loved ones, and find them all still imprisoned. And now, the problem isn’t figuring out how to get a swamp-witch to let them go. The problem is figuring out how to get a GOD to let them go…an insane, vengeful god.

Of course, if the swamp-witch said the Eladrin will be freed, then that’s that. From what I can remember, I don’t think any NPC in the history of this show has ever told an outright lie to a player character. Players and listeners have misunderstood or jumped to the wrong conclusion about something. Or the NPC may have just been wrong or maybe even cuckoo (cough-lizardmen-cough). But I’m pretty sure that no NPC has ever told an out-and-out lie.

So if that’s the case, then the Eladrin will be back. Fortunately there are no war-forged squatting in their city anymore. But there is that rotting dragon carcass… I don’t imagine the entirety of the Eladrin race will have too much trouble shooing the Black Dragon off their property, especially since Amara took a big chunk out of its back.

3) Jason has plans for those orcs. And it’s definitely going to be fun. I imagine that diplomatic envoys will have their hands full.

But my question is…once those orcs finally leave their doorstep, and the dwarves now find themselves with a lot of time on their hands, what kind of mischief is Stonesunder going to get up to?

4) I adore Una, but I don’t think it really makes sense for her to keep adventuring. At the very least, I’m sure she’ll want to take Stormrender back to the Temple of Kord. But like Steve said, with Craig gone, who is going to run the temple now? Julie? Sod that! Una would not be okay with that at all! (Sorry, Bad Neighbor, but I can’t see Una being that reasonable.) And with no other obvious candidate in line, Una would be left with no other option but to do it herself.

And this would give Izzy the chance to pull out that back-up character she rolled up 150 years ago that first time she thought Una was going to die.

5) I imagine the Black Hand is going to have to spend a bit of time figuring what the hell happened. Even weeks later, I imagine she’s still looking out her window, scanning the skies for clouds of demons, and saying “…any minute now…”

(Oh, and I agree with Dsheeks and kumokurin. I was under the impression that the Black Hand is a title, a mantle of power that the leader of the organization assumes.)

But let’s not forget that she already had a team of demons at her disposal. So even if the seal didn’t release hordes of demons, there’s obviously still some other way of getting through to this dimension (which would be a way of bringing Darmok back some day, too). So unless the gods want to get involved, we haven’t seen the last of those creeps.

6) As for the Black Dragon, why did she attack Winterhaven? Um…nah, I got nuthin’.

I think the group memberships are about to change for a variety of reasons, so it might be a mistake to keep calling them groups one, two, three, and four. (Maybe this is good opportunity to re-introduce the idea of team names?) But for clarity, let’s stick with the standard numbering system.

G1) I got the feeling from the things that Malchus was saying all through episode 200 that Rob is having way too much fun with Malchus to set him aside. That being said, I would love to see what else Rob can come up with. Sure, Haven was emo and annoying. But Cassie is so much fun, and I’ll bet she’s just the tip of the iceberg.

G2) This group has things to settle in Brightport. So I’m hoping they’ll decide to go back and put the Black Hand in the ground before they decide to run any other errands. I think that should be priority one.

G3) I was thinking the same thing as Steve. Una has responsibilities in Esterholt. I think Thantos is going to want to follow Daegon for a while. And I don’t want to see Marrek and Calluna leave, so I’m just going to jam my fingers into my ears and go “la la la…”

G4) Two words: Pugilist Society!!!

“The first rule of the Pugilist Society is that one does not speak openly about said Pugilist Society. The second rule of the Pugilist Society…”

The Bell of Vecna was a MacGuffin to get DRP out into the world and doing something. That being said, too much airtime was spent on it to not do something with it at some point. So yes, we'll see it again, sooner or later. I also suspect that we haven't heard the last of Loreweaver's plague. I think handing that particular doomsday weapon over to people who take things apart and play with the pieces out of scientific curiosity is a catastrophe just waiting to happen.

For a long time, I was in agreement with what DSheeks said (I think I said it in the forums at some point, too). I used to think that the Eladrin had a damned good reason for locking up the gods. But then along came Tarandor who basically repeated everything the swamp-witch had said. So it really was just arrogance, after all.

The gods are back, and I see nothing good coming of that. Again, I’m always wrong about this stuff, but that is what my gut is telling me. And like TCKnight said, I imagine the first one that will want to interact with mortals will be the Chained God. And we all know how much fun she is. Life o’ the bloomin’ party, that one…

Cheers!

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

2) I seem to recall there being a theory that releasing the gods automatically triggers the release of the Eladrin. Maybe that was just player-hopefulness. But wait…no…didn’t that come from the swamp-witch herself? Steve, I’m counting on you, sir. Set me straight on this. But in the meantime, let’s just go with that theory for now:

Personally, I never understood why the Eladrin would have to automatically be released as soon as the gods are. Why? Because the swamp witch says so? She hates the Eladrin, and there’s no reason that she should tell the truth about how to release them. Personally, I think it would be amazing for Daegon to go back to that cave, expecting to be reunited with his loved ones, and find them all still imprisoned. And now, the problem isn’t figuring out how to get a swamp-witch to let them go. The problem is figuring out how to get a GOD to let them go…an insane, vengeful god.

I don't recall her saying releasing the gods releases the Eladrin but i'll find out for sure and report back. 

• TCKnight likes this

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

I don't recall her saying releasing the gods releases the Eladrin but i'll find out for sure and report back. 

I don't think so either, otherwise what would have been the point of sending Daegon off on his quest? I'm fairly certain the point there was to have him get trapped in the cave and be out of the way along with the rest of G2. The witch clearly thought Briahna was the one to open the portal. There still seems to be a few odd things about the whole "Witch's Tale" though.

• Wasn't the timing on when the Witch required Briahna to return AFTER the Blood Moon? If not, what was the point of the stab to the hand? Was that just to keep her alive and not something to ensure she would return?
  • Why would the witch have left one Eladrin (in addition to Daegon) hanging around in the tomb? Was that just a plant put there to convince Daegon to take a desired action?
  • Why was the Witch the only one that realized she was (in theory) a god? I still have a feeling that if the gods were trapped in bodies they were NOT the actual individuals we know, i.e. Khoury, et al. are actually dead and the trapped gods escaped.
  • What are the chances that the witch actually DIDN'T want the other gods released and just wanted to be unchained and be the ONLY god (or demigod or whatever she really is). I think that is the most likely scenario. I still think she may have made some sort of blood magic pact with some demons to get released.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

I think I have some answers, or at least speculations to those DSheeks. 

I believe the stab in the hand was a tracker/life saving effort. We might not ever actually get that answer but it's what I assumed. Still listening to bad moon pt 2 so will see what she says about the date but i doubt it was after the blood moon. 

I think she left Tarandor alive and alone as a form of torture for him or teach him some humility. Also, to potentially tell anyone who found their way there WHY they were imprisoned. He did have the black spider web tracks like Brie so it also might also have been a life saver. 

They said the power over the trapped gods was fading. The Witch was the first one trapped, so the first one to start remembering?

ronjon10

ronjon10

Nu-Val Hired Goon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Jason hinting at a bomb in regards to Malchus in the Group 1 recap today, interesting...  Was Malchus a trapped god and therefore now deceased?   It's probably time to retire the character anyway.

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Jason hinting at a bomb in regards to Malchus in the Group 1 recap today, interesting...  Was Malchus a trapped god and therefore now deceased?   It's probably time to retire the character anyway.

QUICK! SPECULATE WILDLY!

Malcus was actually a demon the whole time (warlock, c'mon), and was banished to hell when the gods were released. 

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I had pretty much the same thought, actually. 

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Hmm... just listened and I'd say it was the issue with Brie committing suicide.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

Hmm... just listened and I'd say it was the issue with Brie committing suicide.

For sure. 

Although, it was said previously that Malchus' pact was put on him, he didn't make one. So who did? What was Stu up to and was Stu a god, demigod or demon?

Also, to answer the questions above:

The witch did NOT say releasing the gods would release the eladrin, but she did agree to release them when she was released. Whether she actually does or not is a whole different story. 

Also also, she said Brie needed to be back in under 3 months so at that point her time frame was accurate but she never told anyone what that date was. That witch, vague as fuck :P

• kumokurin likes this

kumokurin

kumokurin

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

Although, it was said previously that Malchus' pact was put on him, he didn't make one. So who did? What was Stu up to and was Stu a god, demigod or demon?

Ha! I had forgotten we all decided that Stu was the long lost Grimnas sire.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

If Jason doesn't somehow make him a Stu (something like Todd) i'll be very sad :P

• kumokurin and Rimewind like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episode 200, Theria, Story

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users