Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The New Theria: Post Episode 200 (Spoilers)

Episode 200 Theria Story

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Also, to answer the questions above:

The witch did NOT say releasing the gods would release the eladrin, but she did agree to release them when she was released. Whether she actually does or not is a whole different story. 

Also also, she said Brie needed to be back in under 3 months so at that point her time frame was accurate but she never told anyone what that date was. That witch, vague as fuck :P

Steve needs a subtitle of "Podcast Historian". Somewhere in one of the episodes I'm almost positive someone said that the blood moon was happening before Briahna had to get back to the witch, but I have no idea where (and that is absolutely NOT a challenge to the Podcast Historian to try and find out!) and it could easily have just been a miscalculation. That's likely water draining out of the swamp (and possibly under a bridge) at this point.

I wonder if the witch was agreeing to release them before or after killing everyone in Theria? I tend to agree with Daegon that you can't believe anything the witch says.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

Steve needs a subtitle of "Podcast Historian". Somewhere in one of the episodes I'm almost positive someone said that the blood moon was happening before Briahna had to get back to the witch, but I have no idea where (and that is absolutely NOT a challenge to the Podcast Historian to try and find out!) and it could easily have just been a miscalculation. That's likely water draining out of the swamp (and possibly under a bridge) at this point.

I wonder if the witch was agreeing to release them before or after killing everyone in Theria? I tend to agree with Daegon that you can't believe anything the witch says.

:)

She definitely agreed to it after she said she was going to kill everyone and bring back "the worthy and just". Episode 122, part 2 of Bad Moon Rising. 

The timeline was kind of wonky and really far out at some point and I do recall a confusing discussion. 

Technically, she said something about 3 months time but that episode ended on the 3rd of Thorom and the blood moon was on the 4th of Reng'we, so almost exactly TWO months later. I'm guessing the witch didn't have a current calendar in her hut and after centuries didn't know what month it was. 

Don't over examine the little things, it will just make you wacky...trust me, i know! :D

• TCKnight likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Rimewind

Rimewind

Official Autobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

If Jason doesn't somehow make him a Stu (something like Todd) i'll be very sad :P

Sturonicus the Opulent.
  • kumokurin likes this

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 318 posts

So, if I recall correctly, the psions were made to be the key to the seal, yes? Well, now that the seal is open and a key is no longer needed, what is going to happen to the psions? Do they keep their powers or are the lost due to their nature being unnecessary now?

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

So, if I recall correctly, the psions were made to be the key to the seal, yes? Well, now that the seal is open and a key is no longer needed, what is going to happen to the psions? Do they keep their powers or are the lost due to their nature being unnecessary now?

ooh that's a great question! I think it could be argued either way, but I'm going to go ahead and plant my flag saying that psions get to keep their power. Just because their initial purpose was fulfilled, doesn't mean their powers go away. That said, if the gods chose to intervene, it's possible that no new psions will pop up.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I expect they'll keep their powers, but I kind of want them to lose them. I think it would be interesting to see the three (surviving) psions deal with the loss of that power, and assuming they chose to continue adventuring, how they would go about that. 

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,160 posts

I expect they'll keep their powers, but I kind of want them to lose them. I think it would be interesting to see the three (surviving) psions deal with the loss of that power, and assuming they chose to continue adventuring, how they would go about that. 

Do you remember when Brie lost hers? Do you want that spread across all 3 groups?

I'm guessing they keep them. 

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

TCKnight

TCKnight

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Do you remember when Brie lost hers? Do you want that spread across all 3 groups?

I'm guessing they keep them. 

Same here. I want them to keep their powers for Arya's sake. While Thantos and Daegon could possibly continue on without their powers (or retire), I feel the loss of psionic powers would stop Arya's adventuring days in their tracks. From a listener's perspective, she is just starting to grow into a well-rounded character and her powers help her live long enough for that development to occur. If she lost her powers, I fear she'd stay put in Winterhaven and I'd lose my Theo-Arya 'ship I've been cheering on since she was introduced. 

• kumokurin likes this

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 318 posts

Same here. I want them to keep their powers for Arya's sake. While Thantos and Daegon could possibly continue on without their powers (or retire), I feel the loss of psionic powers would stop Arya's adventuring days in their tracks. From a listener's perspective, she is just starting to grow into a well-rounded character and her powers help her live long enough for that development to occur. If she lost her powers, I fear she'd stay put in Winterhaven and I'd lose my Theo-Arya 'ship I've been cheering on since she was introduced. 

no, no, no. This would only HELP their ship if she lost her powers. Think about it. She's relatively defenseless and has no combat skills other than punching things across the field. Theo takes it upon himself to protect and train her. There's a nice training montage with a few hilarious but cute glimpses of "accidents" that bring them close together. "You're the Best Around" from the Karate Kid plays in the background. Their relationship goes from teammates to master and apprentice to something more...

• kumokurin likes this

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,464 posts

I fear she'd stay put in Winterhaven and I'd lose my Theo-Arya 'ship I've been cheering on since she was introduced. 

Best ship.

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Episode 200, Theria, Story

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users