Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Group 1: Arc 1 Recap

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aaron Good

Aaron Good

Winterhaven Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

I really enjoyed this! It was so fun to hear everyone reminisce about the "good old days" of G1. I haven't listened to those episodes in ages so it brought me no end of giggles to recall classic moments like "Can you accept this?", the horse-punching and though it wasn't brought up in the discussion my mind turned to the historic "Draconis under the bed" legend haha

This was a lovely walk down memory lane with the old cast and a great send up to the new cast (+also Rob) who are taking G1 in a fresh new direction. Admittedly I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned retrospective let's-see-how-far-we've-come kind of thing. I'm excited to hear the other groups talk about their adventures :D

• TCKnight, varla30, capedMaf and 3 others like this

Bard of Theria

Officially Unofficial Member of the Guild of Smiles

kumokurin

kumokurin

The Kenliest Ken who ever Ken'd

• Moderators
  • 2,478 posts

though it wasn't brought up in the discussion my mind turned to the historic "Draconis under the bed" legend haha

Maybe this should fall under the "Superstitions LIT" that's upcoming... I bet some kids are told a big, mean dragonborn is under their bed.

• Aaron Good likes this

Unofficially official member of the Positivity League

Join us on the non-patreon Discord!
https://discord.gg/6263nwj

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

The G1 recap is unique because of its history, for sure. No other group has been through quite as much as them, both in and out of character. I was glad that someone was there to represent each era. Definitely a good listen. 

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,189 posts

This was really group 1-ey from the opening and I liked it so much :)

• Aaron Good likes this

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

I thought the different "favorite moments" provided a great comparison of old G1 vs. new G1. For Thoril and Drakonis it was iconic moments (of course it would be the burning of Durnhollow for Drakonis!). For new G1 it was conversations or the debate about what to do with a prisoner. Malchus is somewhere in the middle there. I thought for Thoril it might be finishing off Drock or some other big kill. I wondered if Malchus would go all the way back to saving Briahna. Not too surprising it didn't involve Ironhide, although Duncan's Descent would rate way up there for me, at least in part based on hilarious things Justin said. The scene at the bar in Winterhaven with the aliases was one of my favorites from new G1.

Anyhow, definitely a fun conversation and I'm looking forward to the rest.

• kumokurin, TeveenBrightheart and varla30 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users