Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Arc 1 Memories: Group 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 324 posts

I'm not finished yet but I figured I'll get the post started.

From a humble beginning of smashing bandits outside of Brightport, to becoming slaves in Onak-al, to overthrowing one of the houses of Brightport, to saving the world and possibly rescuing an entire race, G2 has been through quite a lot. So... Comments? Questions? Favorite moments from what is the group that has changed the most over time? Who do you love? Who did you less-than-love? Who did you forget about until listening to this?

And...Go!  Oh, and spoilers, duh.

• LizaWejems, Antoinegene and Allieliemo like this

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

I enjoyed this session. I think some of the early G2 players left somewhat unhappy so it might have been difficult to get any of them for the session. The old G1 players involved in that session are all in DRP now it's easier to bring them in I suppose. I did enjoy the early arc of G2 and was surprised when the group more or less blew up and reformed, but the new / current (now minus 2) group has been great.

Was really looking forward to a discussion between Xavier and Alex about how Acteronis felt about his family after Braylon relieved him of the Orb of Light, but in the group setting with all of the players it didn't quite have the impact I'd hoped. If you haven't heard the Acteronis character chat in the Patreon content you definitely should. It was excellent.

It's always a lot of fun to hear what different players liked from the sessions. Kalden enjoying being taught to cook by Aralove was a surprise to me but I could see that being a fun conversation amidst all of the plotting and planning on the boat. One of my favorite G2 moments was when they barely saved the boat (ship -- "Aleanda" I think -- should check the Wiki) from a Titanic-like fate. I thought the entire group worked very well together in that effort and the combination of role playing and action was great.

Looking forward to what comes next, and will be disappointed (initially at least) if Xavier and Jamie don't have new characters to join the group.

Oh, almost forgot. The discussion seemed to verify what I had been thinking would be the case, that the gods trapped in the bodies were NOT the personalities / individuals we knew and that those folks are now gone. That should shake things up a good bit.

• kumokurin likes this

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 324 posts

I enjoyed this session. I think some of the early G2 players left somewhat unhappy so it might have been difficult to get any of them for the session. The old G1 players involved in that session are all in DRP now it's easier to bring them in I suppose. I did enjoy the early arc of G2 and was surprised when the group more or less blew up and reformed, but the new / current (now minus 2) group has been great.

There was a lot of behind-the-scenes things with some of the early G2 people. However, as you (and they mentioned in the show) things really turned around right after the Silver Glade Incident.  While I liked the early arc of G2 as well, the current rendition seems to just flow better. Granted, they've had more time and experience with their characters but the overall feel is much better.

• kumokurin likes this

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

ronjon

ronjon

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

There was a lot of behind-the-scenes things with some of the early G2 people. However, as you (and they mentioned in the show) things really turned around right after the Silver Glade Incident.  While I liked the early arc of G2 as well, the current rendition seems to just flow better. Granted, they've had more time and experience with their characters but the overall feel is much better.

I was also hoping for an old timer, maybe Alana or Danielle as I don't think either one left on a bad note (I hope).   The original G2 had some great stories and adventures back and Onak-al and with Theremac.  I think they got things going again after the return of Acteronis and introduction of Braylen.  I found Haven and original Acteronis to be insufferable and wasn't sad to see them go.  When Acteronis retuned, he was much better.

MichaelJ

MichaelJ

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I really enjoyed this, but I do feel that the players kind of skirted a question that Jason asked and has really been bugging me. The last thing we heard, Group 2 was dead-set against allowing anyone to open that seal. In fact, the whole reason they were even going there was to stand guard. And then, all of a sudden, they did a complete 180 and decided that they were going to open it themselves.

Now I get that Daegon was convinced that opening the seal would free his people. I'm not entirely sure why he believed this, but I kinda see that reasoning. But from a listener's point-of-view, one minute the group is saying one thing, then next minute they're saying the exact opposite. And I just don't see how they got there.

ronjon

ronjon

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

I think Kory was all for letting the Gods free.  Aralove was therefore for it since Kory was her god.  Acteronis always said he'd be for letting the gods free if they were imprisoned without good reason which was established when they visited the last of the Eladrin.  Then as you mentioned, Daegon thought it would free his people.  I can't remember Braylen's thoughts, but he usually went with the group and fearless leader.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users