Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Living in Theria: The Silver Glade (ft. Wilden)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

JadziaGrace

JadziaGrace

Defender of Cal-Cas

• Administrators
  • 562 posts

Hey guys! On twitter this month, there was a tie, but the tie kind of worked out! This months Living in Theria is going to be about the Silver Glade! (And therefor questions about the Wilden are fair game, too, but we'll try to keep it 50/50)

Hit us!

• kumokurin, MichaelJ, capedMaf and 2 others like this

tumblr_mll5i8iAaq1rrftcdo1_500.gif

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always the kettenhund.

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

This may have been addressed previously and I just missed it, but where did the name "The Silver Glade" come from?

I don't believe anyone has actually visited the glade in the forest as part of an episode to see if it is actually silver or what is there, but do the wilden or others live in a glade? How organized are the communities living in the area?

Is there some significant source of magic that makes the Silver Glade "special"?

MichaelJ

MichaelJ

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

The werewolves of the Silver Glade seem like an almost unstoppable force of nature. Is there any particular reason that they've never strayed out beyond the forests of the Glade? Or have they, and someone managed to force them back into the woods?

We know that lyncanthropy is a curse in Theria, and that implies that someone initiated it. Perhaps within recorded history even? So basically, just how long have there been werewolves in the Glade? Or for that matter in the world of Theria?

In the first episode of "The Safe Haven Society," we learned a little bit about the history of the Eladrin that used to live in the Silver Glade. Wasn't it their tomb that was raided by The D.R.P.? Can you tell us a little more about why the Eladrin left the Silver Glade?

How have the Wilden managed to avoid being wiped out by werewolves and briar trolls? We know that Calluna is fairly unusual in that they have chosen to leave the Glade. But are they different from most Wilden in other ways? Or are they a pretty good example of what Wilden are like?

ronjon

ronjon

Aubrey healer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

What is the size of the Silver Glade compared to other big forests on the mainland, i.e. Evergreen?

Where is the Silver glade located geographically?  In my head, I always placed it near Brightport since early G2 left bright port and wound up in the glade, but all I really know is that it's near Lochfort.  

Did the werewolf situation get worse with DRP creating the first werewolf leader we saw (whose name escapes me) and then MUCH worse with Haven?  Are there any werewolves left in the glade?

The Eladrin have a history in the Glade, any other races or ancient civilizations in the glade?  

Calluna Vulgaris

Calluna Vulgaris

Talking Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • @CommonHeather

LAST SECOND QUESTIONS HO!!

What's the glade like? What kind of weather do they usually have? What kind of plants & non-threatening animals are there? Are there lots of cool ruins like what DRP found?

How long have werewolves been in the glade? Have they always been a menace, or was there some event that made them enough of a threat for there to be a Great Hunt?

I know I won't get an answer, but I've gotta try: Please tell me about g4's fog beast. Please. (I THINK that was in the glade, I could be a dummy with bad notes though)

What dangers are most prevalent in the glade? What would Wilden be most afraid of?

What do Wilden typically eat?

What are some common hobbies among the Wilden? What do they do for fun?

When do Wilden learn to help out around the community? Do they pick their jobs?

What's the general mood where the Wilden live? Are they constantly bemoaning their fate? Do they try and stop people from stepping over 1-foot-high walls because they might be werewolves?

How is gender handled/viewed among Wilden? Are nonbinary Wilden common, or is Calluna a special snowflake?

How different is Wilden society from other, more "civilized" societies? Do they have trouble interacting with others (on the rare occasion they see anyone)?

Calluna can read Old-Ass Elven Texts; can other Wilden do the same? Can they also speak old-ass elvish? Do they have funny accents compared to other elvish-speakers? Is it Elven or Elvish, because I have both written down and I Need Answers.

Please tell us about those sick Wilden parties. When would they be thrown?

• varla30 and Bad Neighbor like this

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Wow, I think someone else's predilection for asking questions my be starting to affect Calluna! Lots of good questions though!

Calluna Vulgaris

Calluna Vulgaris

Talking Tree

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • @CommonHeather

Hey now! I'll have you know that I wrote up a list of Wilden questions so long that it gave me anxiety, and I had to ask Kelsey to organize it for me; you might recognize a few of those questions from the Drow episode. ;P (I didn't until Kelsey told me and it was both hilarious and sad) I reused a few questions with my favorite answers, but asking all of them again seemed a little excessive. And both Kelsey and Jason said "holy shit" the first time around and I felt bad.

• Kelsey and DSheeks like this

Rimewind

Rimewind

Official Autobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

And both Kelsey and Jason said "holy shit" the first time around and I felt bad.

NEVER feel bad about wanting to know more stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users