Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Character Chat - James Wilkinson 2

Character Chat Group A Group 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Yet another excellent character chat!

It was fun hearing more details about Masoka's character stat dice rolling issues. We definitely need to have Rob saying, "You tanked your con?!" on Patreon!

Interesting bit of back story on the old G2 issue with running House Dragonkeep. Daegon not wanting to hang around the house made perfect sense, but I always felt like there could have been some really interesting things going on with that as a central part of the story, particularly in Brightport. And of course it all came back to haunt G2 a bit with the dealings with "The Black Hand" and Tessia.

Finally, James has done a great job with both characters and hopefully he's getting that message from feedback. Hopefully the forums will pick back up; it's a great place to have a more in depth conversation over time. The Patreon Discord server is OK, but fewer and fewer conversations there seem to be about D&R, so I'm hoping folks may come back to the forums to discuss the actual show (and of course the character chats and other Patreon content).

Thanks James and Jason!

• Antoinegene likes this

ronjon

ronjon

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Agreed on all counts.

Character chat continues to be the best content on patreon.  

I liked hearing the background on the Misoka character and insights in to the character creation process.  When I used to play D&D,  I remember cringing on the low roles during character creation thinking all was lost.  James is really taking to his situation though.  I'm glad he's speaking up.  I was a little concerned about that when I saw this group announced.  

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

I think I made the connection with Masoka and Daegon but hadn't gone back to verify it. 

I also agree that the chats are one of the best patreon things. With arc 1 wrapped up and a lot of the characters retired or moved on we can get a lot of closure for questions we have. 

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

I think I made the connection with Masoka and Daegon but hadn't gone back to verify it. 

I also agree that the chats are one of the best patreon things. With arc 1 wrapped up and a lot of the characters retired or moved on we can get a lot of closure for questions we have. 

I didn't catch the connection between Masoka and Daegon at all. Should have paid closer attention during the "Let's go 'round the table...".

Definitely lots of new ground for character chats both filling in details on retired characters and learning more about the new characters. I think we need Susan next to get her side of the story on the budding romance with Masoka (and more seriously, to talk about the act of "mercy" at the end of episode 6).

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

In an episode close to 200 when Daegon was revealing his secret family he mentioned his sons name Ezhno, but that was it. It's easy to miss since everyone calls him Masoka and that name didn't mean anything. 

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Character Chat, Group A, Group 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users