Welcome to Invision Power Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

FaceBook Group (and announcements)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JasonDandR

JasonDandR

DM

• Administrators
  • 594 posts
  • United States

Howdy everyone,

As you have probably noticed, the forums have been pretty empty lately. 

Now, we've tried very hard to both advertise and steer people to the forums but we think the time has come to go in a different way. We've started a brand new FB Group for the community. It's a place to discuss the show and talk about the latest episodes. Obviously, there are some limitations with this new system, but we feel like it would be a nice, centralized location for things and get a lot more people talking at once. 

With that said, we'll be discontinuing the forums as of October 1st, 2017.

We know that this is a bummer to some of you. The forums have always been a place for long-form discussion and chat.  We hope to be able to do that on the FB Group page as well. I would encourage you all to, at the very least, give it a shot. We want, more than anything, to involve as many people as possible in this thing of ours and we hope that you'll contribute to that. 

Please feel free to post on this and let us know all of your thoughts and opinions. 

Thanks so much,

Jason

https://www.facebook...76499639139480/

• Antoinegene likes this

That guy who writes for that show.

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

I totally get it and it's not an unexpected decision. 

Hopefully the group will be active and full of participation from both listeners and D&R folks. 

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Acteronis 3000

Acteronis 3000

Brightport Bounty Hunter

• Group Two
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

And we'll always have the wiki!

• Steve the Wiki Guy likes this

Steve the Wiki Guy

Steve the Wiki Guy

Protector of the Wiki

• Moderators
  • 2,234 posts

Yeah but now i'l have to find new ways to poke people for information :P

D & R Wiki worker. A work in progress...  Suggestions accepted. 

Trying to be more positive...oh god...so hard to maintain.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Well hopefully the face book group will work out. I've really enjoyed the forums for the past 18 months or so and hate to see them go. We've had a lot of good discussions and I've met (virtually at least) a number of good folks here. I definitely don't use face book at all so won't be participating there, but I'll keep up with some of you on the Patreon Discord server.

Again, thanks for the fun discussions everyone!

Parzival

Parzival

Professional Gunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
I'm going to miss my avatar and forum title the most. Ugh.

The Gunter will have to keep searching though I suppose.

I'll miss the place.

HU2FAVE_zpsn75r1oey.png

Ryn Hazard

Ryn Hazard

Overdale Guard Captain

• Moderators
  • 325 posts
Of course, once I start back at work, the forums start to close. Now what am I going to do at work?

So sad to see this place go but I totally understand the want/need to migrate the forums.

So long forums, and thanks for all the fish.

:ph34r:  I am the forum ninja. You don't see me. You only think you do. And if you actually do, it's because I let you.  :ph34r:

DSheeks

DSheeks

Overdale Guard Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Ryn's comment reminds me I should have given a special thanks to the individual running and moderating the forums. THANKS! (better late than never hopefully).

Bad Neighbor

Bad Neighbor

Certified Good Neighbor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Well that stinks, but it's understandable. The Discord server is a lot of fun, but it really was that killing blow for the forums. 

I don't have Facebook so I'll be on the Discord a bunch. Thanks to everyone who kept the forums running.

JasonDandR

JasonDandR

DM

• Administrators
  • 594 posts
  • United States
It's just one of those things.

We've tried for four years to get these going and could never really get that groundswell. It's just so much easier to use things like Facebook and Discord I guess.

That guy who writes for that show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users